Mail Room & Facilities Associate
Diversified Communications | Portland, ME
We are seeking a Mail Room & Facilities Associate to join our growing company! The mail room and facilities associate is responsible for all duties related to incoming and outgoing mail/packages and show shipments, as well as providing office support services, including light-duty facility maintenance. Together, the Office Support Services team members manage a well-maintained, orderly, safe and appropriately stocked and resourced facility; provides supplies, resources and services that make it easy for staff to carry out day-to-day administrative tasks; and receives and informs our guests and employees and makes them feel welcome and prepared for their visit or work day.
Mail Room Responsibilities:
- Receive, log, sort and distribute all incoming mail/packages daily
- Prepare outgoing mail and packages daily
- Prepare show shipment pallets, as needed
- Liaison and maintains strong work relationships with mail providers, couriers, and vendors
- Organizes and maintains mail room, shipping and office supplies inventory, including mail/copy rooms throughout the building
- Stays informed of postal and government shipping requirements and regulatory updates
- Other Mail/Shipping duties as needed
- Performs light maintenance and repair tasks as needed
- Restocking of necessary office and facility supplies in all common areas
- Provides reception coverage as needed, including answering and directing calls and greeting visitors and vendors
Knowledge: Microsoft Office Suite, prior experience with postage meter operations, domestic and international shipping resources, and basic office equipment a plus.
Skills: Provide excellent customer service including written and verbal communication skills, organized and detail oriented. Willingness to learn new applications.
Abilities: Comfortable with multitasking and prioritizing requests, flexible and willing to take on new tasks as role evolves.
Physical Demands: Ability to carry and lift up to 40 pounds. May occasionally move materials weighing up to 50 pounds with assistance. Perform light maintenance duties using a step ladder and general tools.