Bangor Savings Bank | Portland, ME
Bangor Savings Bank
POSITION: Management Trainee
Trainees must have the desire and ability to relocate based on company business needs at the completion of the training program .
FUNCTION: The Management Trainee Program is 12-18 months of challenging curriculum designed to prepare participants for a successful career in Retail Operations and Management. The first 8 months provides hands-on learning experiences in business area rotations throughout the bank. The remaining months will be spent on training in retail service and operations, product sales and management training working in the field directly with customers.
The program will include mentor relationships, leadership and management skills classes, community involvement, and projects and special assignments. Participants will graduate from the program as well-rounded, knowledgeable bankers, strong future leaders and be ready and competent to be an Assistant Branch Manager, Relationship Manager, Operations Supervisor or Branch Manager.
- Become an experienced, knowledgeable banker with a comprehensive understanding of the culture, values and operations of Bangor Savings Bank.
- Identify and lead community involvement and service efforts.
- Actively develop and demonstrate self-awareness, agility, collaboration, creative problem solving, empathy, innovation, critical thinking, communication, intercultural, resilience and leadership skills.
- Participate in, contribute to and complete project work and additional assignments that deliver significant impact and improvements.
- Engage fully in each internal business area rotation including learning and performing key jobs and tasks. Create exceptional internal and external customer experiences in all interactions. Participate in meetings, trainings and mentoring/coaching opportunities. Identify opportunities for bank improvement, foster teamwork, and build strong relationships with other BSB employees.
- Be an integral part of a high-performing, collaborative, cohesive Cohort a€" exhibit both leadership and supportive roles.
- Develop the technical skills and knowledge required to successfully transition into a Retail Manager or Operations Supervisor at the end of the program through job projects, management training, readings, and business area rotations.
- Develop and put into practice leadership and management skills throughout the program, actively participating in and contributing to Leadership & Management classes and activities
- Contribute to a dedicated and productive mentor relationship with a designated senior manager
- Interacts harmoniously and effectively with others, focusing upon the attainment of bank goals and objectives through a commitment to teamwork
- Works to continue professional development through maintaining a positive team environment with all levels of staff and management. Be inquisitive.
- Conforms to acceptable punctuality/attendance and other professional behavior and conduct as outlined in the BSB Employee Handbook
- Performs additional duties as requested
TEAMWORK, KNOWLEDGE/SKILL & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- College degree required with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Proven leadership skills as evidenced by extracurricular, internship, community involvement and/or professional experiences.
- High aptitude for creative problem solving and critical thinking base on previous education, work and volunteer experiences.
- Strong communications skills a€" verbal, written and listening. Ability to Coach and be coached.
- Ability to work collaboratively & cohesively within teams and maintain professionalism and dedication to the customer experience in a dynamic and challenging work environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work with little supervision and make independent decisions
- Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently and prioritize
- Required to attend ongoing training sessions to improve professional skills
- Self-starter who displays confidence, initiative, persistence and professional presence
- Jobs posted January, February, and Mid-March
- Interviews will be conducted Mid-March to April
- Offer letter will be sent on April 15 th
- Starting date June 1 st
External and internal applications, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on an individual basis.