Manager - Patient Access
Maine Medical Center |
The Employer has temporarily removed this posting
- Position Summary
- Responsible for providing leadership, support, direction and focus in the application of the Patient Access standards and principles of continuous improvement. The scope of responsibility includes maintaining the processes, data system accuracy and infrastructure that assures that the MaineHealth entity receives timely payment for services provided or makes alternative financial arrangements, and that patients receive prompt clinical services. Manage a staff to ensure the financial goals and objectives based on the Revenue Cycle Scorecard are achieved monthly for each area of responsibility. Creates an environment where new ideas are encouraged. Reinforces staff involvement in all improvement activities, develops department goals and objectives which support corporate and health system. Has full understanding of the process and each role within the process and its effect on the larger scope of the Revenue Cycle. Establishes the department standards and expectations for improvement initiatives and aligns them with Revenue Cycle initiatives.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- 4 year college degree or equivalent hospital leadership experience.
- Certified Healthcare Access Manager.
- Certification preferred (can be acquired post hire).
- 1-2 years in a related Healthcare Field.
- 3-5 years supervisory experience preferred.
- Customer service experience required including training in customer service principles.
- Experience and training in Quality Improvement and process redesign principles.
- Able to work in a high volume, fast paced work environment and perform and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proven proficiency or past experience in a management position, full understanding of Patient Access as it relates to registration, scheduling, insurance verification, authorization, collection functions, financial analysis/counseling and third party payer procedures within a payer type (Commercial or Government).
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to present and explain information to customers in a desired manner consistent with procedures.
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary to provide motivational leadership and to deal effectively and compassionately with all types of patients, diverse unit staff, physicians and other departmental personnel outside agencies, third party payers and the public.
- Have practical experience working with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Adobe applications.
- Have analytical skills necessary to solve complex problems of patient access, perform mathematical calculations and to organize and oversee the work of others to ensure accounts of patients are processed according to department standards.
- Must be able to handle sensitive, stressful and confidential situations and account information.
- Need to have data / analytical skills to develop root cause and corrective action.
- A high level of self-activation and initiative to keep abreast of dynamic changes in the regulatory and reimbursement arena and in seeking innovation improvements in the complex process of patient access and customer service.
- Demonstrated capacity to function effectively as a collaborative member of formal and informal teams.
Job Code: 108134
Posted On: 2018-02-13 18:12:05
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Categories: Management, Healthcare
Job Type: Regular
Job Status: Full Time
Additional Contact Info