Manager - Substance Use Treatment Clinic
Maine Behavioral Healthcare |
- Position Summary
- The Substance Use Treatment Clinical Manager works as part of a team of care providers and provides supervision to staff involved in the delivery of substance use treatment. The Clinical Manager will maintain primary accountability for the management and delivery of safe and effective patient/client care and for the day-to-day functions of the program while at the same time actively participating in the direct delivery of care to clients. The Clinical Manager shares the leadership of the team and is responsible for the coordination of services. He/She is responsible for the management of team members, client/patient outcomes, design, delegation and supervision of work load and, team building. The Clinical Manager works closely with management to ensure quality and compliance of clinical documentation. He/She is responsible for program sustainability through effective service utilization and case load management leading to the achievement of the overall financial goals. Direct care clinical duties shall be directed toward the achievement of excellence in client care and will include: individual intake and psychosocial assessment; clinical triage; group facilitation within an intensive outpatient program setting; care coordination within the context of a medication assisted treatment service; documenting the findings of evaluations and progress in clients' medical record; individual, couples, and family counseling as needed; maintaining contact with community resources for after care and providing comprehensive discharge planning services. All services will be provided in a manner and language appropriate to the age and comprehensive level of the clients and their families. All Clinicians are expected to function as active members of their teams.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Master's degree in Social Work or Clinical Counseling from an institution accredited by the Council on Social Work Education. Ability to teach basic social work/clinical counseling principles and applications.
- Maine State licensure to practice as a LCSW,or LCPC is required.
- Maine State licensure to practice as a Certified Clinical Supervisor (CCS) strongly preferred.
- Maine State licensure to practice as a LADC and CADC as needed.
- Knowledge of social work/ counseling theories, therapies and techniques, as used in individual, family and group treatment, as well as principles of social welfare are required.
- 2+ years of related work experience in a substance abuse , health or mental health setting preferred; depending on client population to be serviced, desired work experience may vary.
- Prior experience with clinical methods and techniques used in individual, family and group therapy as related to substance use/co-occurring disorders is required.
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation if applicable.
Job Code: 116384
Posted On: 01/22/19
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Categories: Management, Healthcare
Job Type: Regular
Job Status: Full Time
Additional Contact Info