Manufacturing Supervisor Please denote your shift preference
Nichols Portland, LLC | Portland, ME
Openings on all 3 shifts
JOB PURPOSE: Supervisor will be responsible for planning, scheduling and monitoring the movement of material through the production cycle to meet customer demand.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the level of quality of product.
- Utilize direct and/or indirect labor to maintain "on-time" delivery of items within their department on a daily basis.
- Responsible for employee safety.
- Maintain a variety of schedules, records, and reports pertaining the tracking of materials through the production cycle and availability of production resources.
- Responsible for identifying employee development needs and monitoring adherence to Parker policies/procedures.
- Train and develop employees to ensure a flexible workforce exist to support fluctuations in business demand.
- Write and conduct performance reviews of hourly employees as required.
- Assist with the monitoring of inventory levels generating tracking reports and performing data entry as required.
- Assume and maintain ownership of the Heijunka system (drives production schedules).
Utilize visual management systems to communicate plan, progress and continuous improvement activity.
Special knowledge, capabilities, qualifications:
- Possess analytical and technical skills required to understand business practices and recommend proper automation opportunities.
- Must have intermediate to advanced computer skills and be able to understand electronic processing (MS products a must).
- MSS mainframe experience and PHconnect experience a plus.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills for effective interface with all internal and external contacts.
Must be an innovator and embrace lean enterprises principles and practices