Hodgdon Shipbuilding | Southport, ME
Hodgdon Yacht Services is hiring a Marine Mechanic. Position includes repair and service on all types of marine engines, predominently diesel with some gasoline, with a strong emphasis on diesel inboard and generator applications. Stern drive, outboard experience is preferred as well.
Major Responsibilities/Activities: The scope of work includes annual commissioning, troubleshooting and repair of water systems, engines, refrigeration systems, AC and DC heating/cooling systems, electrical systems, heads and decommissioning of the same. Estimates will be requested for system upgrades and repairs typical to marine systems. Research in catalogs, on-line, through dealer port holes and service/parts manuals and computer sources will be required.
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Experience with marine engines, electronics and boat systems in a boat yard environment.
- Must be able to work independently
- Must have strong attention to detail and maintain cleanliness on projects both during and upon completion
- Strong, high quality work ethic
- A positive attitude towards the work, fellow crew and our customers
- Experience in diesel engines and aspects of yachts systems onboard vessels up to 65’ is preferred
- Must be a self-starter, able to manage projects on their own and effectively communicate directly with customers and service managers
- Some level of American Boat and Yacht Council (ABYC) certification and/or any manufacturer training preferred.