Marketing Communications Specialist
Tyler Technologies | Yarmouth, ME
The Employer has temporarily removed this postingMarketing Communications Specialist
The Marketing Communications Specialist provides Tyler's Cybersecurity solutions with extensively researched, well-written, comprehensive, industry-appropriate marketing materials and multi-faceted marketing campaigns. Materials are technical in nature and require strong feature/benefit language. This role also supports other marketing program initiatives (both traditional and web-based). The Marketing Communications Specialist will have a positive impact on the Division by delivering campaigns that raise awareness, generate leads, and create loyalty among the division's clients and prospects.
- Develop innovative ways to communicate marketing messages via integrated marketing programs that include direct mail, email, web, video, collateral, and that support tradeshows and events.
- Ensure marketing messaging is consistent and drives the key messages in an impactful way.
- Write copy for all of the above in a manner that is audience appropriate, impactful, and that follows writing best practices.
- Effectively interact with Sales or other internal clients, as appropriate, in order to determine requirements and design programs that meet campaign objectives.
- Utilize a metric-driven approach to determine which campaigns/programs are most effective, and leverage these learnings to adjust future marketing activity.
- Project manage all the parts of their campaigns to ensure they are delivered in a timely manner.
- Maintain and manage project schedules, approvals and other project-related needs utilizing the Marketing Department's online project management software.
- Obtain product or service information by interviewing, or requesting such information from necessary parties including internal division subject matter experts, or clients.
- Write product fact sheets, brochures, case studies, newsletter articles, advertising, social media, blog posts, and other material as requested by the Marketing Manager.
- Minimum of 4-6 years marketing experience
- An understanding of marketing communications vehicles - including email, direct mail, collateral, video, web, and tradeshows.
- Experience effectively managing a variety of marketing projects and timelines
- Strong writing skills and experience
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Technology/software industry experience strongly preferred; public sector experience preferred
- Macintosh or PC skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook)
- Experience with the Adobe Suite of products (Adobe InCopy, PhotoShop, Illustrator) preferred
- An understanding of graphic applications, image/media files, web media/interactive marketing, etc.
- A positive attitude with a desire to go above and beyond expectations is key to the success of this role