Medical Assistant or LPN - Family Practice at Parkview
Mid Coast Parkview Health | Brunswick, ME
The Employer has temporarily removed this postingOverview
The Medical Assistant/LPN will function as a team member of the Mid Coast Medical Group and will facilitate the goals of this office which are:
- To deliver quality patient care which includes maintaining strict patient confidentiality.
- To present a positive and respectful attitude to the patient and community for Mid Coast Medical Group and Mid Coast Hospital.
- To operate efficiently and ensure prudent use of resources.
- Managing patient flow and physician time management
- Assisting the physician and carrying out their instructions
- Carrying out instructions of the Team Lead RN or Practice Manager
- Communicating with patients to assure the efficient flow of information regarding their care
- Verifying all information needed for the visit is in the patient chart prior to appointment
- Process medication refills as ordered by physician
- Maintaining exam rooms including thorough cleaning and stocking
- Processing lab work and documenting test results
- Assisting physician when necessary and documenting in chart as necessary
- Ordering medical supplies, pharmaceutical supplies, and other paper products as needed
- Assisting physician with office procedures according to OSHA standards
- Returning patient calls in a timely manner
- Graduate of accredited Medical Assistant Program (medication administration must be component of the program) or LPN program
- Receive Medical Assistant certification within one (1) year of hire date
- If LPN, current state of Maine LPN license
- Associate or Applied Science degree, preferred
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required upon hire or within 3 months of hire