Medical Secretary - Medical Group Float Pool
Mid Coast Parkview Health | Brunswick, ME
The Medical Secretary is an essential member of the Mid Coast Medical Group, and is responsible for providing excellent customer service to internal and external customers; including patients, families, other departments and other healthcare facilities. This position is the primary point of contact for customers both in person as well as over the phone.
The Float position within Mid Coast Medical Group will cover in practices as needed. Previous medical office experience is required.
This position is ideal for individuals who are currently enrolled in a healthcare related education program ( ex. Medical Assistant or Registered Nurse) as it allows for experience within a medical office setting.
- Greeting and assisting patients as they check in or out of office
- Verifying and updating patient demographic and insurance information
- Request completion of paperwork including Medicare questionnaire, Notice of Privacy practices, registration forms, and health questionnaires
- Answer and process phone calls on multi-line phone system
- Schedule patient appointments
- Manage physician(s) schedules including confirming, cancelling, rescheduling appointments as necessary
- Previous medical office experience required
- Experience using Electronic Medical Records preferred
- Excellent customer relations/service skills
- Ability to multi-task effectively
- Familiarity with health insurance plans
- Knowledge of medical terminology