Corning | Kennebunk, ME
Corning is one of the world's leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people's lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
As a leading developer, manufacturer, and global supplier of scientific laboratory products for 100 years, Corning's Life Sciences segment collaborates with researchers seeking new approaches to increase efficiencies, reduce costs and compress timelines in the drug discovery process. Using unique expertise in the fields of materials science, surface science, optics, biochemistry and biology, the segment provides innovative solutions that improve productivity and enable breakthrough discoveries.
The purpose of this position is:
- Installs, maintains, and repairs computerized and pneumatic controls for automated systems.
- This includes, but is not limited to, automated and manual liquid fill equipment, automated packaging equipment, materials handling equipment, and all associated systems. Engages in the implementation of electrical, mechanical, electromechanical, electronic measuring, recording, and indicating instrumentation systems conforming to established standards.
This position includes significant duties such as:
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive/predictive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic systems, replace/repair insulation, valves, safety devices, bag filler and automated filling machines, product transfer systems, conveyor systems; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Installs new equipment, including motors, pumps, pneumatic actuators, sanitary piping
- Performs fabrication of new parts and equipment, and repairs of existing equipment by utilizing knowledge of welding, grinding, soldering, and drilling.
- Works closely with Manufacturing in the assessment of current operations to ensure that the equipment is maintained and operated properly.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Aids Engineering in problem solving methodology and determining root cause of issues in the facility
- Occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 25 pounds.
- Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock.
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and outside weather conditions.
- Minimum enrolled in Associates Degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school.
- History of gainful employment preferably in the manufacturing environment.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Nearest Major Market: Portland Maine