Molding Process Engineer
Corning | Kennebunk, ME
Requisition Number: 36363
Corning is one of the world's leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people's lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
As a leading developer, manufacturer, and global supplier of scientific laboratory products for 100 years, Corning's Life Sciences segment collaborates with researchers seeking new approaches to increase efficiencies, reduce costs and compress timelines in the drug discovery process. Using unique expertise in the fields of materials science, surface science, optics, biochemistry and biology, the segment provides innovative solutions that improve productivity and enable breakthrough discoveries.
Scope of position:
In this role, you will provide technical engineering support to the molding and assembly areas. We look for you to focus on project management, process development, process control and discipline implementation, and troubleshooting of production processes.
- Process development on new products as they move into production: successful completion of validation process.
- Process trouble-shooting on existing products.
- We provide production departments with technical support to make continuous and step change improvements.
- Use statistical methods for product and process analysis.
- We utilize continuous improvements relative to HPWS pyramid sections for Process Discipline and Control.
- Develop and implement cost reduction programs.
- Project leader for process improvement initiatives.
- Establish project goals and objectives
- Project spending
- Technical strategy implementation
- Limited, 10% domestic.
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time:
- Standard business hours, Monday - Friday.
- Bachelor's Degree in Plastics or Extrusion Engineering.
- Minimum 3+ years process or project engineering experience.
- You will need relative engineering experience. We will also consider co-op and internship experience.
- Knowledge of plastic molding technologies.
- Experience within a manufacturing environment.
- The ability to learn new technology and processes quickly.
- Familiarity with process data management applications/systems.
- Able to collaborate across organizational boundaries and integrate solutions.
- Ability to take routine data retrieval and analysis and develop a standard methodology.
- Able to handle multiple complex tasks and set priorities with multiple internal customers.
- Working knowledge of statistical software (Minitab) packages.
- Strong computer skills; Microsoft Office Applications.
- Preferred degree focus in Medical Molding.
- Experience with CAD drafting; Solidworks.
- Basic knowledge of Six Sigma/Lean (DMAIC) methodology.
- Can establish a broad network across the engineering and technology organizations.
- Good verbal/written communication and presentation skills.
- Interpersonal skills - engaging, enabling, open.
- Rigorous problem solving.
- Results-oriented and high commitment.
- Planning and organization.
- Effective in handling multiple priorities.
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Nearest Major Market: Portland Maine