Network Administrator Note: All Candidates MUST Apply
RSU 14 Windham Raymond School District | Windham, ME
TITLE: Network Administrator
REPORTS TO: Technology Director
- Prefer College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science or related field; and/or minimum 5 years of equivalent work experience in this position.
- Prefer Certifications in: Cisco, VMware, Microsoft.
Knowledge and Experience
- Set up, configure and support internal and/or external networks, proficient with Active Directory, Group Policy Objects and Global Catalog Servers.
- Develop and maintain all systems, applications, security, and network configurations
- Troubleshoot network performance issues and create and maintain a disaster recovery plan
- Recommend upgrades, patches, and new applications and equipment
- Proficient with Virtualization for servers and clients, we currently use Vmware
- Proficient with ACL for managed switches, routers, firewalls and console connection for configuration
- Proficient configuring and maintaining Web Content Filtering
- Proficient configuring and maintaining Spam & Malware Filtering
- Wireless configuration and maintenances
- Create and maintain inventories for hardware, software, and maintenance
- Integrate Macs and PCs and Google Devices with servers and printers
- Monitor security and networks via SolarWinds or equivalent.
- Support all staff and students with technical issues relating to software
- Assist in the development and implementation of staff technology standards
- Experience with all facets of network administration, including Operating System installation and configuration; Firewall and router configuration; system monitoring tools; installation and configuration of server and client software and hardware; experience in customer support, computer operations, and system and network administration.
- Working technical knowledge of network and PC & Server operating systems, including all flavors of MS Windows and Mac OS X and IOS for tablets, additionally familiar with Chrome OS for Google devices.
- Extensive application support experience with Office365 and Web Content Filtering.
- Working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards, including HP Servers, Cisco switches, Cisco and Meraki Access Points, routers and firewalls.
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting & maintenance experience.
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Provide technical support and guidance to users
Knowledge and Experience: (continued)
- MUST have good experience with best practice security procedures, monitoring and reporting. Should have knowledge on encryption viruses, spam and malware.
- Perform such other duties as may be reasonably requested by the Superintendent, Assistant Superintendent, or the Director of Information Technology
JOB GOAL: The Network Administrator’s role is to ensure the stable operation of the in-house computer network. This includes planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, monitoring, supporting, and optimizing all network hardware, software, and communication links. The person will also analyze and resolve end user hardware and software computer problems and questions in a timely and accurate fashion.
Strategy & Planning
- Perform network design and capacity planning.
- Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures and associated training plans for network resource administration, appropriate use, and disaster recovery.
- Establish service level agreements with end users.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Oversee installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of end user workstation hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services.
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
- Manage servers, including e-mail, print, and backup servers and their associated operating systems and software.
- Manage security solutions, including firewall, anti-virus, and intrusion detection systems.
- Manage all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, hubs, and UPS devices.
- Ensure network connectivity of all workstations.
- Administer all equipment, hardware and software upgrades.
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Administer and maintain end user accounts, permissions, and access rights.
- Perform server and security audits.
- Perform system backups and recovery, we currently use Veeam.
- Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform network improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
- Manage and/or provide guidance to junior members of the team.
- Must have the ability to move about between district locations and/or inside/outside the vehicle.
- The person in this position must have the ability to effectively communicate accurate information to staff and community members.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research into networking issues and products as required.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- On-call availability, off hours on any day – for emergencies only.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components.
- Occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects roughly 50 pounds, such as computers, servers, racks in cabinets and peripherals.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor.
- Ability to effectively prioritize workload and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- The ability to create and maintain positive relations with school personnel, and citizens, and to collaborate with the appropriate stakeholders to maintain high quality of services.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Frequent travel required within and outside of district.