Nurse Practitioner, Psychiatric Family or Adult - Brunswick
Sweetser | Brunswick, ME
Job Code: 9222 Location: Brunswick 04011 Department: Medication Mgmt Services FT/PT Status: Fee for Service Summary: Our Brunswick team is looking for a Family or Adult Mental Health Nurse Practitioner to provide psychiatric evaluations and ongoing psychiatric medication management for a diverse caseload that are recovery focused and integrated with other members of the patients mental and physical health care team.
- Maintain required professional skills, credentials, and certifications (active NP license, DEA certification, etc.)
- Make effective use of clinical supervision whenever appropriate, including appropriate notification and consultation with physician in critical and exceptional circumstances, and participation in routine supervision with assigned physician supervisor during initial 2 years of NP practice, as per Board of Nursing guidelines.
- Clinical work is limited to current scope of practice for training (Adult Psychiatric NP) recognized by the Maine Board of Nursing.
- Compliance with all Sweetser standards for timely completion of clinical records and required internal trainings.
- Develop and maintain an effective awareness of relevant accreditation, licensure, and risk management standards pertinent to responsibilities.
- Continually improve Sweetser's value to the community through effective participation in supervision, professional meetings.
- Compliance with safety practices.
Nationally recognized and accredited, each year Sweetser connects 20,000 children, adults, and family members with the services they need and deserve in the treatment of mental illness. The organization's roots in residential care for children date back to 1828.
Our caring and compassionate professionals provide services in mental health, recovery and education, creating promising futures for the children, adults and families we serve. Our professionals include psychiatrists, psychologists, advanced practice psychiatric nurses and licensed clinical social workers, supporting our statewide network of care:
* Community-based services: Assertive Community Treatment, Behavioral Health Home, Community
Integration, Primary Care Integration, and School-based Services
* Crisis Services: Crisis Stabilization Units, and Mobile Crisis Intervention
* Outpatient Services: Affiliate Network, Individual, Family or Group Therapy, New England Eating Disorders, Psychiatric
Services, School-based Therapy, and Substance Use Disorder Therapy
* Peer Services: Intentional Warm Line, and Peer Training Network
* Residential and Educational Services: Day Treatment Services, FOCUS Through Adventure, and Specialized Schools
As part of our dynamic, growing organization, you can help make a difference in the lives of the children, adults, and families of Maine. A nationally recognized and accredited leader, we have the resources to help you excel: competitive salaries, a wide range of benefits and a motivated team of more than 700 employees. Find out how Sweetser can make all the difference in your career!