Nurse Practitioner (FNP) - SATURDAY'S ONLY Ellsworth Location, in partnership with Bucksport Regional Health Center
Bucksport Regional Health Center | Ellsworth, ME
The Nurse Practitioner is a licensed independent practitioner who is responsible for managing health problems and coordinating health care for patients served by the Health Center in accordance with State and Federal rules and regulations and the nursing standards of care. Clinical management and treatment of patient is conducted in collaboration with other health care team members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Functions independently to perform age-appropriate history and physical for complex acute, critical and chronically ill patients.
- Determines appropriate health care plans that may include administering medication doses, therapies and treatments, evaluation of test results and an evaluation of the plan’s effectiveness.
- Orders and interprets diagnostic and therapeutic tests relative to patient’s age-specific needs.
- Prescribes appropriate pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatment modalities.
- Provides medical assessment and interventions to patients as needed.
- Monitors the effectiveness of interventions.
- Facilitates the patient’s transition within and between health care settings, e.g. admitting, transferring and discharging patients.
- Collaborates with multidisciplinary team members by making appropriate referrals.
- Documents care provided in the electronic health record of the patients cared for.
- Ensures efficient, smooth and prompt delivery of health care services.
- Be committed to the mission of the Health Center.
- Work as a member of the medical team in the performance of duties.
- Be punctual for scheduled work and use time appropriately.
- Work in harmonious relationships with all staff, patients, vendors and others.
- Perform duties in a conscientious, cooperative manner.
- Perform required amount of work in a timely fashion with a minimum of errors.
- Be neat and maintain a professional appearance.
- Maintain confidentiality and protect the Center by keeping information concerning Operations, patients and employees confidential.
- Assist in the care, observation, and the condition of patients including the execution of procedures prescribed for the direct treatment or therapy of patients.
10. Participation in community activities as a representative of Bucksport Regional Health Center.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION NEEDED FOR POSITION:
Experience and Skill Requirements: The following experience and skills are considered essential:
- At least five years of clinical experience or clinical perioperative required; a minimum of two years of experience in the Nurse Practitioner role is strongly preferred.
- Computer experience using Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office software products required.
- Ability to establish priorities and coordinate work activities.
- Good management and leadership skills.
- Empathy for patients and their families.
- Ability to deal with stress.
Education Requirements: The following education requirements are considered essential:
- Graduate of an accredited school or nursing.
- Graduate of an accredited nurse practitioner program.
- Current Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) Licensure in the state of Maine.
- Current nurse practitioner certification in specialty area.
- Current CNOR/CRNFA (if applicable) certification.
- Current provider card in BLS and ACLS, PALS provider card as required by department and facility.