Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant - Palliative Care
Maine Medical Center |
The Employer has temporarily removed this posting
Maine Medical Center, a MaineHealth member, is seeking an Advance Practice Provider (Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant) to join our growing Palliative Care Program. Our innovative and expanding program serves the community in both inpatient and outpatient settings. The Palliative Care team focuses on ensuring collaborative, holistic support to patients and their families. The NP/PA will provide palliative care along with the Palliative Care interdisciplinary team, which includes physicians, APP's, Nurses, Social Workers and Chaplains. The NP/PA is an educator within the organization in regards to pain and symptom management and the support of patients/families with the primary focus on the quality of life and interdisciplinary needs of patients and families who are faced with serious illness.
* Provide inpatient/outpatient palliative care consultation services in collaboration with the Palliative Care interdisciplinary team by providing expert assessment and treatment of complex symptoms.
* Collaborates successfully as a member of the multidisciplinary Palliative Care Team, taking responsibility for quality and continuity of care of assigned patients.
* Embodies and serves as an ambassador for the philosophy of evidence-based symptom management and whole patient assessment for patient with serious illnesses referred to the team. She/he moves the practice forward in evidence-based management of symptom.
* Works with the interdisciplinary team to facilitate clarification of patient and family goals of care and access to appropriate support models of care i.e. hospice, rehabilitation, on-going aggressive treatment.
* Completes timely and accurate documentation of all activities in the EPIC EMR system.
* Plans care with inpatient and outpatient social work and case management, utilizing community resources (including home health and home hospice agencies).
* Participates in education of non-palliative care providers and promotes culture transformation to reinforce compassion and support for patients within the health system.
* Respects patient confidentiality, privacy, and dignity. Provides services in a quick and courteous manner with care and respect for the patient's individual needs.
* Provide expert assessment and treatment of complex symptoms.
* Participate in multi-specialty Palliative Care team meetings.
* Help educate medical students, residents, nurses, physician colleagues and other hospital staff about Palliative Care principles and practices.
* Relocation Assistance
* Generous Time Off
* Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
* Pet Insurance
* ID Theft Protection
* Retirement Plan
* Employee Discount Program
* Career growth opportunities
* Bachelor's Degree required; Master's Degree preferred.
* Successful completion of accredited Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner program.
* Current license issued by the State of Maine or eligible for licensure.
* Current BLS certification.
Job Code: 106339
Posted On: 2017-12-09 01:03:01
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Job Type: Regular
Job Status: Full Time
Additional Contact Info