Oil & Propane Service Supervisor - South Portland/Windham
Downeast Energy | South Portland, ME
Downeast Energy, a Superior Plus Propane company is seeking a Service Supervisor for the South Portland Hub location. Reporting to the Customer Service Center Manager, the Service Supervisor is responsible for managing and developing a team of Service Technicians. The Service Supervisor will foster a team environment and ensure that key performance indicators and customer service standards are achieved as well as operational efficiencies are maintained and continuously improved upon. The ideal candidate will be self-driven and able to motivate others to perform at a high productivity level while setting an industry leading customer service and safety standard. The position requires exceptional written & verbal communication skills, the ability to multi-task, investigate and negotiate service work and billing concerns with customers, oversee all service vehicle maintenance and parts inventory. Required to be available nights and weekends to support field employees as needed.
Primary Responsibilities and Job Duties:
• Collaborate and liaison with the Customer Service Center team members, managers and field staff to obtain feedback and incorporate strategic improvements in Service to boost customer satisfaction and optimize every customer's experience with Downeast Energy.
• Collaborate with other Service Managers, the Corporate Safety Manager, and the Corporate Training Manager to determine, develop, deploy and maintain best practices and consistently apply and enforce standardized process and procedures.
• Review, monitor, and evaluate the team and individual achievement of key performance indicators, including but not limited to, call backs, asset and resource utilization, inventory levels, working capital use, management of overtime expenses, and the achievement of customer service standards.
• Promote and enforce the use of technology and leveraging its full potential to schedule technicians' work effectively and the efficient processing of Service Technicians' paperwork, ensuring the customer's needs are met and billing is completed within 24 hours of the completion of the work.
• Coach and develop the team to achieve goals and objectives by enforcing the use of standardized procedures and practices. Encourage and promote desired work methods and behaviors to continuously improve performance.
• Re-enforce safety in all aspects of driving, service work and installation. Ensure appropriate training is provided to support this fundamental aspect of dispatch and delivery.
• Act as an escalation point and work to remove obstacles encountered by Service Supervisors. Develop and foster a collaborative approach among the team to proactively resolve issues and troubleshoot problems.
• Make staffing recommendations to the CSCM, conduct interviews and assist in the hire of service technicians as necessary. Conduct performance reviews and provide disciplinary /performance improvement plan recommendations to the CSCM and Human Resources
• Interact with the Field Equipment Sales Team. Review installation job quotes, order installation kits from vendors, calculate gross margin, and provide status updates upon request.
Education and Experience
• Associate’s Degree in management or equivalent experience preferably in logistics or distribution.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in HVAC/Burner/Propane/Gas service industry.
• Minimum 3 years Management/Leadership Experience
Specialized Trade Requirements and Job-Related Skills
• Knowledge and experience with safety procedures, regulations and emergency response procedures.
• Advanced computer skills in the MS environment including Excel, and Outlook experience and routing and mapping software.
As an organization, we recognize the need for work/life balance. Therefore, we’ve put together a comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of you and your family!
- Full medical, dental and vision care
- 401(k) and profit sharing
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible spending accounts
- Basic life insurance
- Employer sponsored short/long term disability
- Wellness program
- Opportunity for advancement
- Incentives – President’s Club
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)