St. Mary's Health System, a Member of Covenant Health | Lewiston, ME
The Employer has temporarily removed this posting*
The Pre-Certification Representative is responsible to verify pre-certification/authorization of all scheduled outpatient procedures, exams and tests requiring prior approval. They will ensure pre-registration of scheduled accounts with accuracy of data obtained through best practice process, obtaining and entering into CRT all pertinent personal, financial and insurance data about patients to accurately and expediently process registrations, admissions and initiate claims processing.
* High-School diploma or equivalent preferred
* Medical Terminology preferred
* 1-2 years previous health care experience preferred
* Exposure to Insurance Billing or Registration
Other Skills Required:
* Previous work experience with knowledge of computer applications
* Strong dedication to quality customer service
* Sensitivity to customer needs
* Ability to communicate with both internal and external customers using appropriate healthcare language
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
* Superior telephone etiquette, good facilitation skills and ability to deal effectively with patients, hospital staff and physicians
* Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status.