Paralegal/Legal Executive Assitant Temp-to-Hire
Career Management Associates | Gardiner, ME
Paralegal/Legal Executive Assistant
Career Management Associates is seeking a detail orientated and professional Paralegal/Legal Executive Assistant for a premier company in the Augusta, ME area. CMA takes great pride in connecting talent with organizations to further develop and grow their careers.
The Paralegal/Legal Executive Assistant’s primary function is supporting the various needs of the Risk Management Department. The Risk Management Department manages all legal matters, credit and collections activities, contract administration system and related practices, and commercial insurance programs.
- Assists with managing individual insurance claims from notification to closure. This involves working with other departments (Safety, Operations, HR) in gathering and organizing internal documents, updating cost tracking documents and general administrative support. Communicate with management and outside counsel on the status of claims.
- Assists in contract review and triaging of contract reviews.
- Works with insurance broker to obtain specialty coverage quotes.
- Works with collections to support collections efforts. This may involve drafting demand letters, small claims court filings, and providing necessary documents to outside counsel.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills, but the ability to work alone to accomplish the necessary tasks without continuous oversight.
- Must multi-task and prioritize numerous work assignments in a demanding environment.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years’ paralegal experience or legal executive experience in private firm, government, in-house or insurance company setting
- Must complete Excel competency testing.
- Certifications such as CPCU, ARM, CRM, CRIS, or CIC designation(s) strongly preferred
- Competency with Microsoft Office Suite.