Patient Access Apprentice-Offsite Registration
Southern Maine Health Care |
The Employer has temporarily removed this posting
- Position Summary
- This position is the initial contact for patients with Southern Maine Health Care, and as such must demonstrate exceptional customer service skills in all interactions. This position has the responsibility for complete and accurate patient registration, insurance verification, medical necessity validation, identifying and collecting amounts due from the patient, entering orders, and providing for an efficient flow of clinical, administrative and clerical tasks. Obtains patient's signatures on consent and assignment forms and applicable insurance denial notices. Assists with and arranges accommodations for patients with special needs. All tasks are required to be done per established protocols and accuracy standards while demonstrating the Champions of Care expectations of Welcome, Listen and Serve. To be successful in this role, the employee must be competent, flexible, and adaptive to changes in healthcare delivery and technology.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- High School graduate preferred.
- Previous clerical health care experience preferred. Previous customer service experience required.
- Must complete a formal medical terminology course and customer service training within 1 year after hire.
- Knowledge of insurance plans and their requirements (ie: worker's compensation, managed care, Medicare/Medicaid) desired.
- Knowledge of medical office procedures and insurance requirements helpful.
- Must demonstrate progress in understanding insurance requirements.
- Familiarity with medical terminology used in an individual physician practice setting is desirable.
- Good interpersonal skills required, with an ability to interact with patients and others, both in person and over the telephone, in a courteous, tactful, and effective manner.
- Customer service training a plus.
- Strong command of the English language, must speak and write it clearly. Ability to speak French helpful.
- Ability to use personal computer for on-line data entry required.
- Typing, faxing, copier and computer skills required.
Job Code: 116759
Posted On: 2019-01-17 18:09:17
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Categories: Admin - Clerical, Healthcare
Job Type: Regular
Job Status: Part Time
Additional Contact Info