Pharmacy Tech III
Mid Coast Parkview Health | Brunswick, ME
The Employer has temporarily removed this postingOverview
The Pharmacy Tech III is responsible for the preparation of sterile compounds, including chemotherapy, for the Medical Infusion Clinic on the Parkview Campus.
The candidate must have experience working in a clean room environment and be familiar with USP Chapters 797 (preparing sterile compounds) and 800 (working with hazardous drugs).
The Pharmacy Tech III works under the direct supervision of a pharmacist.
- Prepare and deliver compounded sterile preparations such as chemotherapy, specialty infusion drugs, and premeds.
- Maintain quality controls, including proper cleaning and maintenance of the clean room spaces.
- Commitment to handling hazardous drugs safely.
- Maintain automated dispensing machines (Pyxis).
- Order drugs from wholesaler, specialty pharmacies, etc.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Licensed as a technician by the State of Maine
- CPhT preferred
- One year hospital or infusion pharmacy experience
- Five (5) or more years technician experience
- Experience with preparing injectable chemotherapy