Pharmacy Tech Specialist I-Medication Reconciliation
Maine Medical Center | Portland, ME
The Employer has temporarily removed this postingThis Pharmacy Tech Specialist position supports inpatient pharmacy service for transitions of care within Maine Medical Center. The Medication Reconciliation Pharmacy Tech Specialist conducts patient interviews, performs medication histories for hospital admitted patients and consults with community pharmacies and providers.
- Position Summary
Under the general supervision of a pharmacist, the Technician Specialist performs a variety of technical and precise duties relating to medication preparation, storage, distribution, and disposition. This position requires an individual who may be responsible for a specialty area that may include the preparation of parenteral injections and nutrition solutions, controlled substance distribution, inventory control, outpatient prescription processing, patient billing and auditing functions. The position requires an ability to interpret terminology including a wide variety of chemical compound names, quantification of medication needs based on prescribed dose, frequency, available dosage forms, respond to minor inquiries regarding medication distribution from other healthcare professionals.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- CphT certificate preferred.
- A minimum of one year of experience in a hospital pharmacy, home infusion setting, or retail/community pharmacy setting.
- At least one year of prior work experience comparable to the duties and responsibilities for the Technician Generalist.
- Understands and accurately completes pharmaceutical calculations and their application to hospital pharmacy practice.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Eligible or currently licensed in the State of Maine.
- Experience in the preparation and distribution of medications for patients of all ages is preferred.
- Analytical skills necessary to identify and resolve problems related to medication preparation and distribution.
- High School diploma or GED is required. Associate degree is preferred.