Southern Maine Health Care |
The Employer has temporarily removed this posting
Southern Maine Health Care is seeking a Pharmacy Technicianin Biddeford. The Pharmacy Technician is responsible for playing an integral part of the health care team by providing high quality pharmaceutical services under the supervision of pharmacists and in full compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements. This position will assist in all drug distribution, inventory control, medication reconciliation and compounding functions of the pharmacy department.
- Licensed or eligible for licensure as a pharmacy technician in the state of Maine.
- Pharmacy technician certification (CPht) or achieved within 1 year of the date of hire through examination by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB).
- Two year's hospital or retail pharmacy experience preferred.
- Required skills in medical terminology, typing, computer operations, and math calculations.
- Must complete institution pharmacy technician training program through the Pharmacy department.
- Computer skills and knowledge of pharmacy operating systems preferred.
About Southern Maine Health Care
The award-winning Southern Maine Health Care (SMHC) system includes a multi-specialty physician group and a full-service medical center in Biddeford (including a special care unit and York County's only inpatient mental health unit). Located in York County, Maine, our system provides emergency care, surgical services, and diagnostic and therapy services at SMHC's Biddeford Medical Center, as well as Walk-In Care centers, a birthing suite, cancer care, pain management, centers for breast care and sleep disorders, eldercare services, rehabilitation programs, preventive/wellness services, community education and support programs.
At Southern Maine Health Care, you'll find the best of both worlds: the friendliness and natural beauty of southern Maine, and the opportunity to work with the best resources and technology healthcare has to offer. Our organization and staff play an integral role in improving the health of the people in the communities we serve, through volunteerism and outreach programs. As a member of the MaineHealth system, SMHC offers a breadth and depth of services, facilities and training that provide opportunities for both personal and professional growth.
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
Job Code: 107269
Posted On: 2018-01-15 07:53:44
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Categories: Pharmaceutical, Healthcare
Job Type: Regular
Job Status: Full Time
Additional Contact Info