Practice Manager - South Portland
Day One | South Portland, ME
The Practice Manager is responsible for maintaining effecient and effective day-to-day operations of Day One’s community based services while assisting clinical leadership in meeting profitability goals and ensuring positive client experiences. This position works closely with senior clinical leadership, including the Director of Outpatient Services, to ensure that both clinical staff and clients are supported in a way that ensures low barrier access to services, maximized reimbursement, compliant record keeping and a high degree of client satisfaction. She/he will be proficient in the use of electronic medical records and will use data to support goals and a culture of continuous performance improvement. This position will serve as a member of the clinical leadership team and will participate in strategic and program planning and the creation of annual budgets. She/he must understand the basics of healthcare billing/reimbursement and how these principles may impact practice management design.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure necessary phone coverage to ensure responsiveness and client access to services.
- Assist in the development of clinician schedules to effectively balance the need to maximize billable time with the need to provide clinicians with sufficient documentation, collateral and personal time.
- Maintain clinician schedules in accordance with established criteria and utilize techniques that limit no-show/cancellation activity.
- Ensure procedures are developed and maintained to accurately intake/register clients in a timely manner and which provide clinicians demographic or other client related information when needed.
- Ensure the accurate verification of demographic and insurance information.
- Ensure procedures are developed and maintained to ensure care is authorized prior to services being provided.
- Work with clinical leadership to develop and maintain reports that assist in meeting profitability, clinical quality and client satisfaction goals.
- Maintain working knowledge of current clinical programs offered by Day One.
- Work with billing and finance staff to ensure copay, collection and financial policies and procedures are developed and maintained.
- Assist in the development of program planning to ensure that new or existing clinical programs are adequately supported.
- Assist in orienting new clinicians to existing policies and procedures.
- Participate as needed in the development of annual budgets.
- Work effectively with billing personnel to ensure proper checks and balances are in place to limit adjustments and write-offs.
Requirements and Skills Needed for Position
- High School diploma or equivalent required, Associate’s Degree or higher preferred.
- Minimum five years practice management or related experience in a healthcare organization.
- General knowledge of routine clinical office policies, procedures and systems.
- Knowledge of basic fiscal management as it relates to healthcare reimbursement.
- Knowledge of computer systems, spreadsheets and prior experience with an office management/scheduling system.
- Skills in exercising a high degree of initiative, judgement, discretion and decision making.
- Ability to analyze data and interpret it for others.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective communication and working relationships with clients, clinical staff, management and the public.
- Be self-directed and have the ability to work in a collaborative environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each principal duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EOE