Production Manager - Weekend Shift (Friday - Sunday)
ALCOM LLC | Winslow, ME
ALCOM LLC , the world's fastest growing Aluminum Trailer manufacturer, has an immediate opening for a Production Manager at our Winlslow, Maine location. ALCOM LLC started in 2006 in Winslow, Maine with four employees and now currently employs close to 500, with three manufacturing facilities across the USA. In addition to offering one of the industry’s broadest product mixes, we have the best lead time on the market. Our brands include Polaris, SnoPro, Stealth, CargoPro, Frontier, Mission, High Country, EZ Hauler and Indian Motorcycle Trailers.
This position is responsible for managing the production floor to meet the daily production budget in accordance with quality and safety standards.
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBITIES:
- Provides leadership to the Production floor by promoting respect, safety, and quality and holds employees to these expectations.
- Composes daily finish and weld lists for Production staff; identifies potential issues on work orders and works with sales and design teams to resolve issues.
- Manages the employee schedule to ensure adequate labor is available to meet production targets. Maintains the labor rate within the established range and seeks to improve efficiencies.
- Trouble shoots issues on the Production floor; identifies problem areas and provides solutions.
- Serves as the main line of communication between Production Supervisors and Plant Manager.
- Manages the performance of subordinates by setting expectations and goals; ensures that employees are provided both positive and constructive feedback in a timely manner. Ensures compliance with company policies, laws and regulations, and best practices.
- Submits recommendations for operating and capital budgets; manages Production floor within established budget and notifies Plant Manager immediately for any deviations from budget.
- Ensures a positive work environment that is clean, organized, and respectful.
- Works closely with Purchasing and Material Handlers to ensure materials are available.
- Coordinates with Logistics to ensure shipping needs are being met.
- Works safely by following all safety policies and wears appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE). Ensures employees are held to a high expectation of safety.
- Ensures that finished product meets quality expectations. Strives for the highest level of quality and understands the need for continuous improvement; supports the concept of “good enough is never good enough”.
- High school diploma or equivalent with (2) years manufacturing experience required. Post-secondary education in business or related field preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Leadership: a demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Measurement of performance to goals and standards.
- An ability to balance and achieve positive results in the areas of safety, quality, productivity, cost, and employee relations.
- Quality systems and continuous improvement orientation.
- Above average attention to detail.
- Strong problem analysis and resolution skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- An ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong team player.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS
Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, scanners, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
Physical requirements within the production or warehouse environment (25%) include:
- Standing – up to 80%
- Walking – up to 80%
- Bending – up to 5%
- Climbing – approximately 5%A
ALCOM offers a comprehensive benefit package featuring Health, Dental, and Vision, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Insurance, Company Paid Life Insurance, Company-Matched 401K (100% match on the 1st 4% Contributed), Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, weekly pay, Section 125 Plan.