Production Supervisors 2 Openings - Night Shift and Weekend Shift
ALCOM LLC | Winslow, ME
Night Shift 7:00 pm - 5:30 am (Monday - Thursday)
Weekend Shift 7:00 am - 7:30 pm (Friday - Sunday)
ALCOM LLC , the world's fastest growing Aluminum Trailer manufacturer, has an immediate opening for a 2nd Shift Supervisor at our Winslow, Maine location. ALCOM LLC started in 2006 in Winslow, Maine with four employees and now currently employs close to 500, with three manufacturing facilities across the USA. In addition to offering one of the industry’s broadest product mixes, we have the best lead time on the market. Our brands include Polaris, SnoPro, Stealth, CargoPro, Frontier, Mission, High Country, EZ Hauler and Indian Motorcycle Trailers.
Supervises a team in the manufacturing and assembly of aluminum trailers, meeting productivity goals without compromising safety or quality. Duties include performance management, employee relations, scheduling and assigning work, and ensuring adherence to quality standards and workplace policies.
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBITIES:
· Oversees a line of Production Workers from welders to finishers to meet daily production targets. Balances quality, productivity, cost, safety, and morale to achieve positive results.
· Oversees the employee schedule to ensure adequate labor is available to meet production targets. Maintains the labor rate within the established range and seeks to improve efficiencies.
· Manages the performance of subordinates by setting expectations and goals; ensures that employees are provided both positive and constructive feedback in a timely manner. Ensures compliance with company policies, laws and regulations, and best practices.
· Ensures a well-rounded team through cross training; develops subordinates by offering challenging assignments and discussing opportunities for growth.
· Ensures that communication is sufficient from lead technician to Production Manager.
· Reviews work orders to identify potential issues to avoid delays in production.
· Maintains cleanliness and organization of Production floor.
· Works safely by following all safety policies and wears appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE). Ensures employees are held to a high expectation of safety.
· Ensures that finished product meets quality expectations. Strives for the highest level of quality and understands the need for continuous improvement; supports the concept of “good enough is never good enough”.
· Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
· Minimum: hands-on experience working with a variety of power tools.
· Previous experience working in a manufacturing environment
· Previous management experience required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Leadership: a demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others in a positive manner.
· Planning: an ability to think ahead and plan over a 30-day time span and prepare action plans to achieve results.
· Supervision, including employee hiring and retention, performance review and discipline.
· Employee training and development.
· Measurement of performance to goals and standards.
· An ability to balance and achieve positive results in the areas of safety, quality, productivity, cost and employee relations.
· Quality management systems and continuous improvement orientation.
· Attention to detail with good organizational skills.
· Problem analysis and resolution.
· Inventory management.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
· An ability to manage multiple priorities.
· Strong team player.
· Above average conflict resolution skills.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS
· Standing – up to 80%
· Walking - up to 80%
· Lifting - occasionally up to 75 lbs
· Twisting - 1-30 twists/day
· Pushing & Pulling trailers with assistance – up to 2 times/day
· Bending - 1-30 bends/day
· Kneeling – up to 5%
· Climbing – up to 10%
· Moderate deviations of the wrists
· Frequent use of both hands
· Exposure to moderate, steady and fairly loud noise, below 85db
· The ability to work in 80-90°F temperatures during the summer
· May be exposed to slippery work surfaces
· Exposure to dust, dirt, and shavings
ALCOM offers a comprehensive benefit package featuring Health, Dental, and Vision, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Insurance, Company Paid Life Insurance, Company-Matched 401K (100% match on the 1st 4% Contributed), Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, weekly pay, Section 125 Plan. Relocation assistance available.