Maine Quality Counts | Augusta, ME
The Employer has temporarily removed this postingSUMMARY OF POSITION DESCRIPTION
The Maine Quality Counts (QC) Program Specialist is a detailed-oriented and organized individual who takes initiative to handle a wide range of duties including supporting programs that have multiple large projects and/or complex workplans in order to ensure effective implementation of program deliverables. The Program Specialist organizes, coordinates, and monitors task execution and progress associated with small work packages of programs across multiple functional areas. This position works closely with Project Managers and Program Directors to ensure that project objectives, their associated work packages, and tasks are completed in scope. In addition, the Program Specialist supports the program(s) with research and analysis in cooperation with the Program Director and Medical Director.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Associates degree required, Bachelor’s preferred.
- Experience with complex administrative coordination, preferably in a healthcare setting.
- Demonstrated experience with complex, multi-site event administration.
- Knowledge of project management tools and terminology.
- Excellent research and analytical skills to assist with clinical content research and development of educational objectives.
- Ability to prioritize to ensure timely completion of work.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including professional interactions with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work effectively across multiple work teams and stakeholders to achieve results and meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office and database apps; experience with Adobe, ReadyTalk, Constant Contact, Survey Monkey and webinar technology preferred.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS:
- Conduct literature searches and other exploratory references under the direction of the Program Director and Medical Director to support proposal development and project planning.
- Coordinate multiple work plans within a program line to support Project Managers (PM) in maintaining up to date status and follow-up on cross cutting work plan deliverables to ensure timely completion.
- Responsible for delivering specific work packages with direction from PM. Manage detailed project activities, execute project-level tasks and track progress of activities/tasks.
- Assign tasks within work package to team members and request progress reports on behalf of the Program Director (PD).
- Implement corrective actions for small project deviations with approval from PM.
- Provides consolidated status reports from multiple sources to the PM, and escalates to the PM risks/issues with potential significant impact.
- Gather information to assist PD in evaluating resource and capacity utilization.
- Keep PD apprised of conflicts with priorities in assigned areas to ensure timely resolution and resource allocation.Keep PMs apprised of any obstacles that could impact project work plans to ensure timely resolution.
- With direction from the PD, facilitates timely resolution of team member concerns.
- Conduct beta testing and other duties as needed to support effective implementation of data management systems.
- Respond to key stakeholders need for information using channels as defined in the work plan.
- Create first drafts of presentations, materials, newsletter content, web page content with guidance and approval of PMs and coordinate with Admin Coordinator(s) to upload/publish.
- Provide support to Medical Directors for content development and research related to program objectives.
- Create draft educational objectives and course curriculum descriptions for associated work packages.
- Coordinate complex events and manage internal and external resources to ensure effective event execution.
- Identify support required from Admin Coordinator(s) and collaborate to ensure assigned tasks are completed in accordance with event timelines.
- Prepare high level reports as needed by the PD, gathering information from various projects within the program to support the program/project process, updates and closeout.
- Provides general support as needed to QC staff to ensure that organization of projects is successful.
- Provides training and mentoring of others, as needed, based on expertise and experience to assist in professional growth to ensure organizational success.