Program Support Specialist - Part Time (24 Hrs per week)
Frannie Peabody Center | Portland, ME
General Statement of Duties: The Program Support Specialist is responsible for administrative, operational, and clerical activities for the Frannie Peabody Center office. Maintain professional communication with staff, clients and public, with a high regard for confidentiality.
- Processes approved expenditures for housing and client financial assistance programs, generates checks, distributes for clients, and reconciles with finance records according to the written guidelines.
- Provides accounting assistance to the Director of Finance
- Tracks and reconciles agency credit card transactions and other accounts payable
- Collects necessary forms, reviews information and enters data into program evaluation databases for case management and housing programs.
- Submits and tracks billing for case management and mental health programs.
- Keeps agency updated on changes in MaineCare policy that affect billable services. Maintains relationship with MaineCare Provider Relations Specialist.
- Attends MaineCare related meetings.
- Provides assistance to program coordinators and the service teams, including mailings and assistance with DCAF administration.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and certification requirements:
Associate’s Degree or 5 years work experience in related field
Other skills and experiences:
- Demonstrates excellent organizational, administrative and time management skills.
- Able and willing to work with rigid deadlines and keep an organized calendar.
- Proven excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates a history of accuracy and fine attention to detail.
- Ability to take initiative, complete tasks, prioritize, and follow through on all assignments.
- Able to work independently in conjunction with the program coordinators and other agency staff on multiple projects.
- Demonstrates ability to work and communicate calmly, quickly and effectively to meet deadlines and multiple priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work in a diverse environment and with a diverse population.
- Able and willing to travel off site for business-related errands.
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel required; QuickBooks preferred.
Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds.
Must be a licensed driver with a reliable automobile insured in accordance with state requirements.
This position is eligible to participate in a part-time benefits package including flexible spending account, dependent care reimbursement, 401(k), holiday pay and accrued time off benefits.
We will accept applications until the position is filled. Submit resume & cover letter with salary requirements to:
Frannie Peabody Center
30 Danforth St Suite 311
Portland ME 04101
No phone calls please.
Frannie Peabody Center is fully committed to the principles of multiculturalism and equal employment opportunity, and it is the policy of FPC to make employment opportunities available to all applicants and employees without regard to race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, age, disability, HIV status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, or other personal characteristics and to provide a work environment free of bias based on such classifications. Go to www.peabodycenter.org for more information about Frannie Peabody Center.