Project Manager - Tenders Division
Hodgdon Shipbuilding | Damariscotta, ME
PROJECT MANAGER at our Damariscotta, Maine division
Summary: Responsible for Project Management of tender construction with a commitment to delivering projects on time and within budget ensuring the work performed meets the customer’s expectations as well as Hodgdon standards. The Project Manager, within the constraints of the contract, will establish the production timeline and will coordinate necessary labor, materials, tools and equipment with the Production Manager and the Manager of Design and Engineering.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 10 years’ experience (or a combination of education and experience) with a concentration in Operations Management preferable in yacht manufacturing or the construction environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to forge strong relationships with customers, management and employees
- Exceptional project management skills including job scheduling, resource estimation and cost management
- Strong ability to communicate in writing using appropriate language and good business grammar
- Strong verbal, communication, and listening skills
- Strong financial skills including budgeting and cost analysis
- Ability to read blue prints and interpret or prepare specification sheets
- Proficient computer skills including Word, Excel, MS Project and database access. AutoCAD and Rhino helpful
- Must be able to meet the requirements of the schedule which may include overtime and scheduling meetings outside of the Project Managers normal schedule
Work schedule is generally 6:00am-4:30pm Monday through Thursday
If you are interested in joining our team please send your letter of interest, resume and references to: Diane Hammond, Human Resource Manager, P.O. Box 179, Southport, Maine, 04576 or email to email@example.com.