AVX Tantalum | Biddeford, ME
The Employer has temporarily removed this postingPurpose of the Position:
To work in the Quality Engineering function to provide direct support to all Biddeford manufacturing lines. Further develop and implement SPC throughout our manufacturing lines in conjunction with production and engineering requirements. Provide Quality Engineering support to the QRA lab, analysis lab, production, engineering, NPI and inspection functions within the organization. Working with minimal guidance or instruction from supervision, other than an outline of key parameters.
- Manage SPC development of Infinity QS integration into all product line processes.
- Be the resource contributor for all departments on design of experiments and statistical analysis tools.
- Manages assigned projects through to completion.
- Support Engineering in the generation and update of both design and process FMEA’s.
- Manages GR+R and capability studies schedule to meet both our internal and customer requirements.
- Direct support to engineering and production relating to disposition of non-conforming product.
- Effectively applies our AVX proprietary methodology and enforces project standards.
Knowledgeable in SPC procedures with the ability to use statistical evaluation techniques and programs.
Computer program competence: Word; Excel; Minitab; PowerPoint; Graphics.
Ability to write clear and concise Engineering reports as well as organize and make presentations.
Major responsibilities and ongoing tasks:
Identify process problems/ opportunities and initiate process improvements
Develops lasting relationships with customer personnel that foster customer ties
Recommend programs to reduce cost and improve quality and reliability
Follow up on quality initiatives
Perform statistical analysis on engineering experiments and product
Develop new and improved test methods, equipment and capabilities
Perform and or manage Gage R&R and capability studies