Quality Engineer Pump Department
Nichols Portland, LLC | Portland, ME
The Quality Engineer interfaces with Customers, Suppliers and various internal functions regarding quality. Develops, modifies, applies, and maintains quality standards for products and processes. Provide statistical information for quality improvement by gathering data on trends and root cause analysis. Responsible to guide technical evaluation, analysis, and related data acquisition processes to ensure plant quality objectives are achieved.
- Devises and implements various methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision, reliability and accuracy of products, processes and production equipment.
- Develops and establishes quality systems and procedures, inspection plans, quality performance trends, statistical plans, cost estimates and technical quality plans for proposals. Ensures that project and/or process control documentation is compliant with requirements and/or contract.
- Reviews and dispositions products or materials that do not meet required standards and specifications with the aid of other division resources through statistical analyses.
- Provides input on quality to product development teams.
- Identifies quality performance trends and required corrective action by coordinating with customers and suppliers. Ensures compliance to specified quality requirements by performing in-house and supplier audits and surveys. Develops and initiates programs to improve supplier performance.
- Prepares reports by collecting, interpreting, analyzing and summarizing data and making recommendations.
- Analyzes proposed changes in methods and materials. Compiles and writes training material and conducts training sessions. On quality control activities.
- Coordinates corrective action investigations with resources as needed for effective problem solving.
- Contributes to lean activities and continuous improvement initiatives
- Represents company by interfacing with customers and suppliers, assisting with internal and external audits. May act as main contact during an audit. Develops and coordinates corrective action plans.
- Communicates and educates Value Stream Team on matters requiring specialized knowledge of quality functions, i.e., Production Approval Process (PPAP), Advanced Product Quality Process (APQP), and document control.
- Makes quality-related customer and supplier visits and contacts as required.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications, establishing industry networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices and/or participating in other professional associations.
- Perform all other incidental and related duties as required and assigned