Quality Engineering Section Manager
AVX Tantalum Corp. | Biddeford, ME
To work in the Quality Engineering function to provide direct support to all Biddeford manufacturing lines. Responsible for managing the change control process and implementation of changes that affect our Hi Rel customer base. Working with minimal guidance or instruction from supervision, other than an outline of key parameters.
- Manages all external customer changes through the control of changes system.
- Reviews change deliverables with appropriate management team and obtain approval sign off before passing information to medical, military and aerospace customers.
- Minimizes our exposure and risk on project acceptance from our Hi Rel customers.
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Support Engineering in the generation and update of both design and process FMEA’s.
- Manages GR+R and capability studies schedule to meet both our internal and customer requirements.
- Manage generation and documentation of internal and customer specific qualification packages.
- Manages customer driven acceptance activities.
- Manages own aspects of assigned projects and scopes
- Effectively applies our AVX proprietary methodology and enforces project standards.
- Co-ordinate maverick lot limits yearly review both internally and with customers.
Special Qualifications & Requirements:
Ability to use personal computer programs: Spreadsheet; Graphics. Ability to write clear and concise reports as well as organize and make presentations on initiatives. Knowledgeable in SPC procedures with the ability to use statistical evaluation techniques and programs.
Major responsibilities and ongoing tasks:
Develops lasting relationships with customer personnel that foster customer ties
Recommend programs to reduce cost and improve quality and reliability
Follow up on quality initiatives
Perform statistical analysis on engineering experiments and product
Develop new and improved test methods, equipment and capabilities
Perform and or manage Gage R&R and capability studies
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with Company Match, STD, LTD, Vacation, and 10 holidays
BS in Engineering or Science