Field Service Tech
Heavy Machines Inc | Portland, ME
Heavy Machines is looking for an experienced heavy equipment mechanic with hydraulic, pneumatic, and diesel experience. You will be servicing off road heavy diesel equipment such as excavators, material handlers, wheel loaders, hydraulic cranes and many more off-highway trucks/equipment.
Heavy Machines offers full time, and an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, and prescription drugs, disability and life insurance.
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sr. Field Service Technicians work at various customer sites.
- They interact with customers to analyze problem situations pertaining to breakdowns of equipment and make recommendations regarding repairs.
- They also perform scheduled maintenance on equipment for contracted customers according to maintenance policies and procedures.
- The Sr. Field Service Technician is expected to grow their territory by initiating service opportunities with new customers.
- They are responsible for troubleshooting, testing, performing start-ups, and inspecting low to high voltage electrical systems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to perform basic and more complicated mathematics.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must be able to read and comprehend specifications, service and parts literature, technical bulletins and other related publications.
- Must be able to communicate thoughts and ideas in both verbal and written form.
- Ability to use computers and have command of appropriate software.
- Ability to learn to effectively operate any company software – with training.
- Positive customer service.
- Mechanical knowledge including electrical and hydraulics.
- Ability to read prints.
- Must meet or exceed requirements defined by classification.
- Either high school diploma or G.E.D. certification
- Must have at least 5 years’ experience with repairs of heavy industrial mobile equipment.
- Certificate in electronic diagnostics is preferred.
- Basic welding and/or fabrication skills and/or experience is preferred.
- Must possess excellent trouble shooting in the area of hydraulics and electrical repair as it applies to heavy off road equipment.
- Must be well versed in the repair and maintenance of diesel and gasoline powered equipment.
Typical Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Must be able to push/pull at least 75 pounds on a regular basis.
- Must be able to pass DOT physical.
- Climb into and out of equipment on a regular basis, must be able to use a ladder.
- Requires prolonged standing, walking, bending, stooping, and stretching.
- Must be able to work outside in various weather elements as well as being able to drive long distances (30+ miles).