Networks System Administrator
Redzone Wireless, LLC | Rockland, ME
Redzone Wireless is a fast-growing, fast paced wireless broadband provider for the State of Maine. Redzone’s network covers a majority of Maine’s wide-ranging landscape and you can be part of the team that is managing and modernizing our network in one of the most challenging wireless markets in the United States. We are seeking a Systems Engineer to be based out of our Rockland, Maine headquarters. As part of a small, skilled, and highly motivated team, the IP Network Engineer will share responsibility for the overall integrity of Redzone’s IP network & wireless 4G LTE infrastructure. Your primary responsibilities include the operation, maintenance, troubleshooting & support of all networking systems.
Skills / Abilities:
● Advanced troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
● Linux Server Administration - Debian/Ubuntu/CentOS
● Windows Server Administration - Server 2012/2016/2018
● Virtual Server Administration
● Database Administration, MariaDB, MongoDB, SQL
● Security Best Practices
○ Antivirus Enforcement, Security Audits, & Secure Service Compliance
● Ability to script solutions using one or more of the following
○ Bash, Perl, Powershell, Python, Ruby
● Google Admin Administration
○ G-Suite, Google Business, Team Drives, Distribution Lists
● Unified Communications Administration
○ PBX Systems, Slack, VoIP
● Ability to effectively utilize GitHub for revision controlled changes to infrastructure
● Knowledge of generally accepted information security audit standards, IT risk policies, and controls
● Knowledge of TCP/IP protocol suites and IP routing protocols
● Concept of other network/security protocols like SSL, SSH, SNMP, VPN
● Must be detail oriented & highly motivated
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Roles & Responsibilities:
- This position requires high creativity and motivation with demonstrated talent for identifying, scrutinizing, improving, and streamlining complex work processes.
- Lead projects with minimal supervision, displaying strong follow-through and initiative.
- Automate manual processes
- Administrate infrastructure, including databases, malware protection software, and other processes.
- Be part of the team that designs, implements and manages Redzone’s residential and commercial broadband services.
- Direct and perform all necessary audits and maintenance activity to ensure service levels are sustained, and that systems are optimized and not compromised.
- Develop and maintain system documentation, including diagrams, Standard Operating Procedures and work instructions.
- Perform after-hours support duties to sustain networking systems and service levels – 24/7/365.
- Coordinate projects with other departments and external organizations.
- Develop and test new products, troubleshoot complex system issues, interpret work orders to program various systems, and resolving issues escalated from Tech Support, Field Services, and/or Network Operations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education / Training / Qualifications:
- 5 or more years of hands-on network and systems engineering experience, with 1 year in a leadership role(preferred)
- Analytical, problem solving abilities. Ability to quickly grasp & understand new concepts
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent experience
This is a full-time salaried position. We are looking for high energy, knowledgeable person with a great personality to join our growing team.
Redzone offers a competitive starting benefits package, including:
- PTO based on longevity
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Life insurance benefits
- Simple IRA Retirement Plan
- Entrepreneurial, highly technical and customer-focused work environment
About Redzone Wireless, LLC
Redzone is bringing the most innovative wireless broadband network to Maine. We are rapidly expanding our services and coverage areas, and we are looking for great people to be a part of this exciting phase of growth. Our success is based on combining cutting edge data networking technology with world-class customer service. We’re providing our customers with a premium broadband connection and an even more exceptional customer experience. Are you ready to working in a grow with us? If you enjoy high-energy environment where you have the opportunity to make a significant contribution and grow both personally and professionally then Redzone is right for you. www.redzonewireless.com