Wright-Ryan Construction | Portland, ME
Wright-Ryan is seeking a Payroll Administrator/Accountant with construction accounting and construction payroll experience.
The Payroll Administrator/Accountant performs and completes assigned payroll and accounting responsibilities ensuring accuracy and timeliness in both documentation and transaction processing. Understanding how the accounting functions fit together is a must. This position is the central point of contact for payroll and shares accounts payables responsibilities with others in the department. This individual has contact with individuals throughout the company who manage construction projects. This position also provides support for other Accounting, Finance, and Administrative functions, in addition to serving as a back up to the reception area.
If you enjoy supporting the efficient work of others through accuracy and technical skill and like administrative work, this position may be a fit for you.
Wright-Ryan is a Maine based company offering unparalleled quality and customer service to our clients and to each member of the Wright-Ryan team. Our experience and reputation allow each of us the opportunity to contribute to exciting and diverse projects in the Commercial, Institutional and Residential markets. Our size fosters the camaraderie, sense of community and supportive environment key to our success. This, in turn, creates excellent opportunities for employees with a desire for personal growth.
Wright-Ryan offers a discretionary, annual cash bonus program along with competitive employee benefits that include a 401(k) Plan with company match, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), affordable health and dental; company-paid life & short-term disability; and paid time off (holiday, vacation & personal time)
You may wish to link to our "Culture Page" http://www.wright-ryan.com/join-us/
Please pay close attention to the “required” qualifications below. If you meet the criteria below, please email a resume and cover letter to the email address below. No phone calls, please. If you are selected for a screening interview, you will be contacted. We appreciate your interest in employment with Wright-Ryan Construction.
- Three to five years of construction accounting and payroll experience.
- Exposure to some or all of the following accounting functions: Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Payroll, and Invoicing
- Knowledge of paperless scanning and coding
- Strong technology aptitude—various systems and soft wares, especially Microsoft Office
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, along with the ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with Wright-Ryan office staff, vendors, subcontractors and visitors
- Excellent attention to detail and documentation
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or an equivalent level of experience
Wright-Ryan Construction, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration or employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin or sexual orientation.