Resource Development and Marketing Assistant
United Way of Greater Portland | Portland, ME
Be a part of the change!
Join a team of committed, results-oriented, and successful professionals who work to support and advance United Way of Greater Portland’s (UWGP’s) mission to improve people’s lives by mobilizing the caring power of our community.
The Resource Development and Marketing Assistant provides administrative support to the Resource Development and Marketing department in support of UWGP’s strategic plan objectives. The successful Assistant proactively helps to ensure the many moving parts of UWGP’s fundraising and marketing program begin and are completed on-time in accordance with the departmental plan.
- Act as the primary support resource for a centralized data management process which promotes timely, accurate, and consistent data entry department-wide into UWGP’s donor database.
- Work with the Database Manager to proactively liaise with Resource Development and Marketing department to identify gaps and barriers with capturing and using donor information in UWGP’s donor database.
- Manage UWGP’s gift acknowledgement process for all individual and corporate pledges and donations to ensure timely, accurate, and meaningful stewardship of supporters to UWGP’s annual campaign.
- Collect, scrub, and enter donor contact reports, meeting notes, and follow up action steps into donor database in a consistent manner to provide prompts to affected staff to ensure timely follow-up.
- Generate corporate and individual donor profile reports for UWGP staff and volunteers.
- Assist Donor Engagement and Marketing teams with event logistics and coordination as needed.
- Assist Resource Development and Marketing management team with pre- and post-meeting support for RD Council, Campaign Cabinet, and Thrive2027 Marketing Communication committee meetings; support includes scheduling support, space prep, note-taking, and attendance.
- Ensure sufficient in-house inventory of printed collateral and promotional materials.
- Manage the collection, tracking, and storage of campaign MOU’s.
- Perform general administrative tasks including: coordinating in-house mailings, preparing personalized pledge cards and thank-you letters through mail merge, creating/collating CEO packets for corporate meetings and/or individual donor meetings as requested.
- Proactively identify and recommend areas for improving efficiency within Resource Development and Marketing team.
- Schedule donor/volunteer meetings, prepare call lists, research prospects as needed.
- Respond to donor inquiries, including answering questions and resolving concerns.
- Participate as a team member of Resource Development and Marketing in organizational activities.
- Provide world-class experience that exceeds expectations of volunteers and stakeholders.
- Volunteer and actively participate in office projects, cross-functional teams, or workgroups that support the work of the entire organization.
- Demonstrate a commitment to UWGP’s Core Values in all internal and external interactions.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent preferred.
Required Skills and Experience
- Commitment to the mission of United Way of Greater Portland
- 3+ years relevant administrative or executive support experience
- Efficient, meticulous and detail-oriented
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Self-management and team player, with a positive outlook and ability to manage ambiguity and change
- Problem-solver identifying potential solutions and opportunities even when the path forward is not clear
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience with CRM database preferred.
- Proven ability to manage to multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated strong self-motivation, discretion, and independent work with limited supervision
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time non-exempt (hourly) position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. This position may require long hours including early morning meetings, evening events, and weekend work during peak times.
Travel is primarily local during the business day.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Why choose United Way of Greater Portland?
Advancing the common good is about helping one person at a time, and about creating community change that benefits every member of the community. We are all connected and interdependent; we all win when a child succeeds in school, when families are financially stable, and when people are healthy.
We have a staff of 36 dedicated employees to help us achieve our goals and fulfill our mission: To improve people’s lives by mobilizing the caring power of our community. To support the great work of our employees, we offer a competitive salary and a robust benefits package including health and dental insurance, a 403 (b) plan, life insurance, generous vacation and holiday pay and paid sick time off.
Additionally, United Way of Greater Portland offers:
- Convenient downtown location with free parking
- Tuition assistance and opportunities for professional development
- Health Club membership at a deeply discounted monthly rate
- Wellness resources and Employee Assistance Program access
- Personal and floating holidays
- Paid volunteer time off
- An excellent team of top-notch professionals that share your passion for strengthening our community
United Way of Greater Portland is committed to seeking and sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse environment and to the principles that promote inclusive practices. We are dedicated to building a diverse staff with expertise and interest in serving our communities, and encourage persons of all types of diversity to apply.
United Way of Greater Portland has identified a set of Core Values that are our essential tenets. These define and describe who United Way of Greater Portland will endeavor to be in all situations, both internal and external.
At United Way of Greater Portland we are:
Committed to Excellence
Leading with Integrity
Applications accepted until February 15, 2019. Please submit a cover letter and resume to Amy Fecteau, Director, Human Resources at email@example.com