Maine Medical Partners is seeking a Registered Nurse in for their Otolaryngology practice in Portland. Under the direction of physicians, this position is responsible for assisting with total patient care by performing clinical duties, responding to patient telephone inquiries, and coordinating care both at the office and at outside facilities.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
* Completion of nursing training from an accredited school of nursing.
* Active State of Maine Nursing License, or eligible for licensure.
* Two years of experience preferred.
* Current BLS required.
* Knowledge of nursing processes; health care systems, structure and functions; and community resources.
* Knowledge of chart/medical record documentation requirements and federal/state laws related to release of health care information.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills necessary for interacting with patients, physicians, supervisors and other staff.
* Skill in time management, problem solving, multitasking, prioritizing and medical care coordination.
* Ability to read and interpret physicians' orders and notes from other providers.
* Ability to calculate and administer drug dosages and injections and measure results.
* Ability to organize and accomplish multiple tasks and to have the flexibility to meet changing demands on a daily basis.
* Ability to maintain a professional manner even under stressful situations.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Proficient computer skills.
About Maine Medical Partners
Founded in 1995, Maine Medical Partners is Maine's largest multi-specialty medical group, providing a wide range of primary, specialty and sub-specialty care through a network of more than 40 locations in and around Greater Portland. We pride ourselves on improving the health of our community through excellence in clinical care, education and research.
Coastal Maine's breathtaking bays, ports and ocean beaches provide unique outdoor adventure experiences every season of the year. You can easily enjoy day trips to area towns, explore surrounding parks, hike, ski, swim, bike, sail, golf, or even canoe or kayak Maine's beautiful rivers and lakes.
Portland offers the best of urban sophistication combined with small town friendliness. Just two hours north of Boston, this is an exceptionally diverse and lively community.
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.