RN and LPN jobs - Home Care Jobs - Lewiston Area
Home, Hope, and Healing | Lewiston, ME
Home, Hope & Healing is seeking skilled and compassionate Registered Nurses and Licensed Practical Nurses to work with Adult and Pediatric clients in the Lewiston area. We specialize in nursing care for medically complex clients in their homes using block time nursing, which provides the opportunity to get to know a client clinically and to support the family, with one-on-one service in one client home. You’ll make a real difference to enhance and improve the quality of our clients’ lives with your nursing skills.
Flexible hours/schedules available to work per diem (as needed), or up to FT, with benefits; shifts typically run 8 to 12-hours. Prior to working with our clients, staff are well trained with client-specific education and provided hands-on training.
Positions report to and is supported by a RN in the Regional Clinical Coordinator (RCC) role. Will proactively apply nursing process to meet client needs and facilitate achievement of individualized, measurable outcomes; consult with client physician to develop and revise treatment plan based on assessments and per policy; initiate timely contact with the physician and RCC; ensure physician orders are obtained and communicated; coordinate supply and equipment needs with DME vendors; assess the effectiveness of LPN, CNA, and PSS services; and provide on-site supervision and direction to paraprofessional staff.
- critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- excellent interpersonal and appropriate supervisory skills
- excellent work boundaries and professionalism
- relate with compassion and empathy and provide warm encouragement
- high integrity and trustworthiness to provide care in the security of client home
- reliable and punctual
- good writing/documentation skills
- excellent communicator with agency office staff and supervisory staff
- lift, pull and/or transfer a client less than 35 lbs. without the assistance of a mechanical device with proper body mechanics; lift and/or transfer a 35-60 lb. client with a mechanical device or 2-person assist, and by mechanical device if client exceeds 60 lbs.
- fulfill other physical demands such as bend, twist, pull, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and reach; prolonged standing, sitting, walking, and occasional stair climbing.
Educational & Other Requirements:
- Current state of Maine Nursing License (RN or LPN)
- One year of clinical experience in homecare, or 1 year of professional nursing experience in the past 3 years, or, for newly-licensed nurses and those who wish to return to clinical nursing, ask about our Preceptor Program!
- Valid driver’s license
- Successful passing of background checks
Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Flexible Spending Accounts (health and dependent care) - offered to part-time, 30-35 hours/week, or full-time (36-40 hours/week) staff. Paid Time Off (PTO) accrual for vacation, sick, and holiday time off; Life insurance, disability insurance, and other supplemental insurances – offered to part-time, 20-35 hours/week, or FT (36-40 hours/week) staff. EAP benefits available to all staff. 401(k) retirement plan with generous match offered to all staff (per diem, part-time or full-time) after one year of service, 1,000 worked hours and attaining age 21. Pay determined upon hire and based on experience.
To Apply: enter your email address, and click “Continue to Apply” (to be directed to our online application), or visit www.HomeHopeandHealing.com to complete our online application under the Employment Site Tab, or to learn more about us! If you wish, you may upload a resume, cover letter, etc. at the end of the last page of the application.