Radiology Representative I - Radiology
Maine Medical Center | Portland, ME
- Position Summary
- Provide customer support services at all locations of service for the MMC Department of Radiology. Prepare orders for imaging procedures both through direct and indirect interaction with patients, physicians, and technologists. Work is performed under general supervision in accordance with standard procedures and reviewed by the Manager, Radiology Support Services through customer feedback, direct observation, and observation of results achieved.
Availabilty: Must be able to work Nights and Weekends
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, keyboarding, and office procedures.
- Minimum 1 year prior experience in a position requiring customer service skills is required. Prior experience in a medical office or hospital is preferred.
- Ability to learn how to proficiently use electronic medical records and other computerized systems.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently, following established processes, in an environment of changing priorities with a diverse tem of clinical and non clinical staff.
- Must be available to participate in 24/7 department operations and be available to participate in on call coverage as needed.