Residential Appraisal Analyst - Flexible Location in ME, NH or VT
Bar Harbor Bank & Trust | Bar Harbor, ME
Residential Appraisal Analyst – One of New England’s strongest financial institutions is seeking an experienced Residential Appraisal Analyst. This position is responsible for reviewing appraisals to ensure that they are regulatory-compliant and recognizing deficiencies in appraisal reports as well as changes in market trends and conditions. A successful candidate will have a solid background in appraisal regulation, preferably in the banking industry, strong communication skills and the ability to prioritize to meet a multitude of deadlines. Based on the skill set of the candidate, this position may have the flexibility to be located at one of our locations across our footprint in Maine, Vermont or New Hampshire.
Essential Responsibilities include:
- Analyzing the reasonableness of the appraisals’ estimate market value for financing purposes.
- Communicating to the production staff, underwriters and members of management regarding review decisions in order to resolve appraisal disputes/concerns, and loan to value issues.
- Communicating with the appraisers to resolve any quality issues or concerns.
- Ensure all regulatory guidelines and bank policies are strictly upheld.
The Appraisal Analyst role requires a candidate with the following knowledge, ability and skills:
- A strong background in appraisal industry concepts and practices.
- Experience with Freddie Mac Seller/Servicer Guide, D&H LOS, Loan Prospector and Bank Loan Policy.
- Professional, a multitasker, works under pressure in a fast-paced environment, a problem solver and a team player.
- Computer skills and the ability to adapt to various software programs required.
- Professional customer relations skills.
- Familiarity with Banking industry regulation as related to appraisals and real estate transactions, strongly desired.
- Underwriting, Secondary Market and Flood Insurance knowledge is helpful, but not required.
Bar Harbor Bank & Trust offers a competitive salary, medical/dental/vision/life insurance, paid holidays, 401(k) plan, paid vacation and sick time, incentives, wellness program, and continuing education benefits.
Bar Harbor Bank & Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disability and Protected Veteran.
If you are interested in joining our team, please apply online at https://www.bhbt.com
Maine Hire-A-Vet Campaign 2017