Goodwill Industries of Northern New England | Portland, ME
The Employer has temporarily removed this posting
Goodwill Northern New England — good works here!
In addition to employment that is fulfilling, meaningful and supportive, Goodwill employees also receive:
- 30% employee discounts at Goodwill stores in Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont
- Valuable job training with growth potential.
- Access to internal job lists for advancement opportunities.
- Benefits including: Health, Life, Dental and Vision. (Full time employees receive full benefits and part time employees receive pro-rated benefits)
- 403b retirement plan
- Flexible scheduling
- Holiday pay
- Discounts on personal cell phone plans
- Local community discounts
Located at Washington Ave. Portland, ME, USA
Job Summary: A brief, general statement of the more important functions and responsibilities of the job
1) Assist the Senior Director of Residential Services in the overall administration and operation of Goodwill’s Residential services programs. Duties include:
- ? Ensure licensing documentation
- ? Participate in program audits and investigations as requested.
- ? Process and follow up on minor occurrences, incident reports and employee safety reports as required.
- ? Provides financial oversight for each program assigned
- ? Participation in budget development
- ? Responsible for responding to crisis situations
2) Represents the Agency in all interactions with other members of the Goodwill community and with the general public, supporting the agency Vision of creating sustainable communities that thrive through the fullest participation of their diverse residents.
3) Furthers the organizational commitment to triple bottom line results: integrating social, economic and environmental goals into thinking, planning and actions.
Essential Functions: The fundamental duties of a position; the things a person holding the job absolutely must be able to do with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Communication: Functions that pertain to various forms of interacting and collaborating with others.
- Focuses on effort to discover the needs of customers (both internal and external). Displays positive and professional images to customers and fellow employees at all times.
- Exhibits consistent, constructive involvement in management meetings, training events and designated agency committees
- Responsible for responding to crisis situations which may include hospitalizations of persons served, resident behavioral challenges, staffing issues and incidents requiring investigations.
- Regularly updates Senior Director Residential Services with all pertinent information regarding assigned residences.
Knowledge: Functions that pertain to learning and maintaining levels of information necessary for success.
- Meet or exceed licensing standards, CARF standards, quality indicator targets, corporate compliance standards, risk management targets, customer satisfaction goals, documentation standards, and program goals/objectives for assigned residences.
Administration: Functions that pertain to daily activities of running a business
- Ensure licensing documentation, CARF recommendations and quality assurance monthly indicators are completed for assigned residences.
- Participate in program audits and investigations as requested.
- Process and follow up on minor occurrences, incident reports and employee safety reports as required.
- Ensure cost centers meet agency policy and procedure and timeliness for follow through on all documentation and processes.
Supervision: Functions that pertain to oversight of individuals, departments, or business units.
- Staff leadership and management, as measured by meeting or exceeding goals for staff (managers and non-managers) productivity (quality/quality of service), staff tenure, staff satisfaction, staff organizational support, staff compliance with policies/procedures, staff attendance at trainings.
- Oversight of 6+ programs and employees within (est. 75-100 minimum).
Financial: Functions that pertain to the fiscal responsibility of a department or business unit
- Provides financial oversight as measured by meeting or exceeding targeted annual net contribution for each program assigned by Senior Director of Residential Services
- Responsible for participation in budget development and monitoring monthly management reports
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.