Respiratory Care Practitioner II - $10K Sign-On Bonus!
Maine Medical Center | Portland, ME
(part-time positions will be pro-rated)
Eligible candidates are Registered Respiratory Therapists w/1+ yrs experience. Previous MMC and MaineHealth employees with more than 3 months of separation are eligible. Current MMC and MaineHealth employees are not eligible.
- Position Summary
- An RCP II is a RCP who has at least one year of professional respiratory experience and has obtained the Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) credential and has a State of Maine Registered Respiratory Therapist license. The RCP II possesses significant knowledge of cardiopulmonary pathology, respiratory diagnostic techniques, treatment methods and equipment selection and maintenance for chronic, acute and emergency care in hospital areas including intensive care and outpatient settings. The RCP II must be adept at patient assessment, the analysis of clinical data, and the formulation of patient care plans. External candidates who satisfy all criteria may be hired as RCP II's.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Must hold and maintain credentialing from the National Board of Respiratory Care as an RRT.
- A minimum of one year practical tertiary care clinical experience.
- Licensed by the Maine Board of Respiratory Care Practitioners as a Registered Respiratory Therapist in Maine.
- Holds and maintains credentials in BLS and other credentials as required for specialty training such as ACLS, NRP and PALS.