Pine State Trading Co. | Gardiner, ME
Position Summary: Facilitates the efficient and timely delivery of customer orders through the use of a routing software package. The Routing Coordinator plans efficiencies with the goal of decreasing mileage and enhancing customer service.
- Plans Routes. This includes integrating new customers into existing routes and planning route adjustments due to seasonality
- Analyzes existing routes for opportunities to reduce miles and hours improving cost control and consistency of deliveries
- Attends regular meetings to propose expense control opportunities
- Frequent communication with Customer Service, Sales, Warehouse Management and Drivers to ensure customer service and operational goals are being achieved
- Builds product loads in the system for selecting and loading purposes
- Daily maintenance of routing software database to ensure key elements are current and accurate
- Communicates route changes to Transportation Manager, Customer Service, Sales and Drivers
- Other job related duties as assigned.
- Intermediate knowledge of computers utilizing Microsoft Products such as Word, Excel, Outlook, plus database knowledge of transportation routing systems (particularly Roadshow)
- Knowledge of current geographic delivery routes
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Normal office environment. Lifting less than 5 pounds consistently occasionally up to 10 pounds.