Registered Nurse - SAFE
Franklin Community Health Network |
The individual in this position is trained minimally at the state level in the performance of the medical forensic examination and is available on call for completing medical forensic examinations of individuals presenting with a history of sexual assault and domestic violence. The SAFE (Sexual Assault Forensic Examiner) follows best practice guidelines and works collaboratively with the Emergency Department provider in managing the patient's care. Will provide on call services the FMH SAFE program and attends at least two State SAFE meetings per year and at least one Sexual Assault Response Team meeting.
Documentation of current Maine SAFE Program recommended clinical competencies with post didactic skills completed within 6 months of hire. Review will take place at 6 months of hire and then at 12 months of hire to guide completion.
* Current Maine Registered Nurse Licensure or higher
* CPR or BLS certified
* Minimum two years nursing experience; specialty experience in women's health, emergency department or intensive care(preferred), public health or psychiatry recommended with demonstrated autonomy and professional judgment in nursing practice
* Completion of the Maine Statewide SAFE didactic training within 6 months of hire (pending course availability)
* Successful completion of recommended clinical components to obtain Maine SAFE Certification within 1 year of hire.
* Active email, and cell phone/text access for routine staff wide interface and communication
Membership in professional organizations, such as the International Association of Forensic Nurses and American College of Forensic Examiners strongly recommended
Strongly recommend SANE-A/SANE-P certification after two years of practice
Job Code: 104564
Posted On: 06/18/18
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Categories: Healthcare, Nursing
Job Type: Regular
Job Status: Per Diem