Hilton Garden Inn Auburn Riverwatch/Garden Grille | Auburn, ME
The Sales Coordinator position is responsible for consistently delivering results that contribute to the mission and overall success of the company by accomplishing performance objectives linked to supporting the sales management team in all activities necessary for the efficient running and management of the sales operation.
Success is measured against the following standards: Productivity, Interpersonal Relations, Professionalism, Communication, Job Knowledge, Attendance, Quality and Initiative.
The position of Sales Coordinator requires the ability to demonstrate effective strength and show continuous growth in general sales and administrative skill areas in addition to any job specific skill requirements.
1) Answer incoming phone calls while maintaining organization of office files and assisting in the preparation of reports and written correspondence to clients and prospective clients. In the absence of an available sales manager, offer to show the prospective client meeting space and/or guest rooms.
2) Manage incoming leads, respond to customer inquiries and check dates and availability prior to forwarding to the appropriate sales manager. Send out initial ‘thank you for your interest’ email/letter or fax indicating which sales representative will be following up with them.
3) Gather in detail information on each event/group to ensure all events run smoothly and successfully, striving to exceed guest expectations.
4) Arrange and co-host site visits, pre-convention and post-convention meetings as necessary for the planning process only.
5) Detail events and groups as delegated by sales managers. Create and revise room layouts and banquet event orders for each event, keeping the food and beverage team updated as needed.
6) Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process with a focus on up selling items.
- Host bars for events as opposed to Cash Bars
- Wine Pours
- Chocolate Fountains
- Candy Stations
- Higher End Audio Visual Equipment
- Mid-Morning and Afternoon Breaks as opposed to holding dessert from lunch
7) Serve as liaison with vendors on event-related matters.
8) Send out 30 day payment reminder letter and invoices in advance of functions.
9) Send out follow up email/letter for previous day’s events with copy of final folio.
10) Distribute revised BEO’s to departments daily and file copies in client folders.
11) Review BEOs for upcoming events and place orders for rental linens, equipment, audio visual, etc. Confirm items one week prior to event and confirm set up times and any special needs. Coordinate details pertaining to group needs such as rooming lists and billing requirements/requests.
12) Call and confirm appointments day prior for Area Director of Sales, Hotel Sales Manager and Event Coordinator.
13) Maintain the data base for client email list.
14) Assist in packaging promo items and gifts for personal sales calls, etc. Work and develop special projects for the Management Team, i.e. telemarketing, direct mailing, and flyer distribution, event organizing and planning.
15) Participate in external sales calls and networking events as needed.
16) Assist ADOS with social media posts on Facebook and with partner websites (listing of packages and special offers, etc).
17) Maintain space inventory on Eventective.com and E-events.
18) Maintain/monitor office supplies, and printed materials including menus.
19) Maintain and update monthly tracking reports.
20) Assist with sales based reservations.
21) Provide professional and proficient clerical and administrative support to the sales process.
22) As requested, gather amenities from local vendors.
23) Must abide by all hotel polices and procedures as described in the most current copy of the employee handbook.
24) Must maintain a clean and professional appearance and condition.
25) Practice and observe all safety procedures.
26) Attend and participate in all monthly managerial staff meetings, hotel events, and other training programs as required
27) Must maintain confidentiality with regards to Hotel information and must sign Hotel Confidentiality Agreement.
28) Participate as a team player with all departments, while always upholding quality service to guests.
29) Perform any other duties as assigned.
30) Report to work at scheduled time in professional business attire.
1. High school diploma or equivalent education required, advanced education preferred.
2. Previous hospitality experience preferred in sales, banquets, or front office.
3. Previous experience in an office setting is helpful.
4. Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written. Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English. Must be an active listener.
5. Must work with minimal supervision.
6. Ability to communicate customer needs and resolve complaints.
7. Must possess basic computational ability.
8. Must possess computer skills, including but not limited to Microsoft Excel, Word, SalesPro, OnQ Front Desk Property Management System, and electronic mail.
9. Must be honest, reliable, and dedicated to the standards of guest service at this hotel.
10. Must be able to handle oneself in a calm and composed manner while exhibiting friendly and cheerful behavior.
Medical, dental, 401k, Hilton Travel program
Education: High School diploma or equivalent education preferred. Must possess the ability to speak, read, write and understand English.