Sanitation Leads / Techs
Cozy Harbor Seafood,Inc | Portland, ME
Cozy Harbor Seafood, a leader in the seafood processing industry, is searching for Sanitation Leads / Sanitation Techs. Ideal candidates will possess the eargerness and willingness to wrok and learn the sanitation process in a seafood industry. Candidates must be able to work night shift, perform moderate, repetitive, physical activity in a wet environment is required. Daily work tasks requires strength, agility, and stamina to lift at least 30 lbs, push and pull moderate loads. Must be physically able to handle and work with mild chemical solutions (soaps and sanitizers). Flexibility with scheduling, including weekend shifts is required. Sanitation positions generally are required to work THIRD SHIFT daily from 6 PM to approximately 5 AM. Cozy Harbor is BRC Certified "AA".
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Ability to break down and sanitize all food processing equipment and dry-clean area in preparation for washing.
2. Ability to follow prescribed policy and procedures to ensure cleaning and process line set up criteria's are met. Work with a small team of technicians to meet Cozy Harbor food safety standards.
3. Ability to use and understand chemical cleaners, application, usage levels and concentrations to ensure all equipment, fabric, tools and system have met necessary levels to meet cleanlinesss criteria.
4. Ability to dismantle and reassemble processing equitment under the manufactures guidelines and adhere to Cozy Harbor safety guidelines in order to meet production shut-down and start-up requirements.
5. Ability to handle powered industrial equipment for the periodic loading and unloading of perishable seafood products.
6. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
7. Ability to perform all duties in compliance with State, Federal and company sanitation and safety regulations including using all required PPE (Personal Protective Equipment).
8. Ability to communicate clearly and complete required paperwork legibly.
High School diploma or GED is required. Employees must be able to read and write basic English.
Pay based on prior knowledge of sanitation can exceed $16 an hour with a third shift differental. Starting pay for minimal experience $12.00 plus third shift differental. Sanitation leads position will start off as a seasonal fulltime with the opportunity to move to a regular fulltime position. The position requires a 30 day trial period.