School Based BHP/Ed Tech III in Portland Public Schools $15-$17/Hr - Full Time w/Excellent Benefits!
Connections For Kids | Portland, ME
Live your passion with a rewarding career!
Who we are:
Connections For Kids is a non-profit that has grown from a single residential program to a complete mental health agency providing a continuum of care to families, children, youth and adults. Our agency focuses on providing children and families with necessary skills-based therapy to help them successfully live happy lives. We provide a warm and supportive environment which is invested in the growth and advancement of our employees.
We are seeking passionate and driven individuals to join our Behavioral Health Professional team who want to positively impact the lives of local children and families!
The BHP (Behavioral Health Professional) provides school based support to children who are diagnosed with behavioral difficulties. The BHP works with a licensed clinician and school personnel to provide support, behavioral management skills and treatment plan implementation. We invest in our employees by offering the following:
- 35-40 hours per week with regular school hours including Extended School Year (ESY) in summer months
- Paid trainings for BHP Certification, First Aid, CPR and Safety Care
- Regular Supervision
- Competitive Pay and Excellent Benefits (after 60 days)
Candidates for this position should have:
- Must have a completed Bachelor's Degree in order to be considered
- BHP Certified (Paid in-house Training)
- Willingness to get DOE fingerprint and Ed Tech III certification
- Valid drivers license with good driving record
- Proof of auto insurance
- CPR, FA and Safety Care Required (Paid inhouse training)
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
Our full benefits package includes:
- Competitive pay
- Short term disability
- Long term disability
- Employer-paid Life Insurance
- Retirement plan with matched contributions
- Paid time off and paid holidays totaling 22 days per year
This position will be located within the Portland Public Schools