Senior Development Operations Engineer
Tyler Technologies | Yarmouth, ME
We are hiring developers who will help us meet the needs of our clients and our strategic objectives. If you are looking for challenging and meaningful work that directly impacts our clients and communities, we offer a dynamic environment where employees collaborate on engaged and innovative teams. With more than 4,600 employees (and growing), Tyler has a 50-year track record of developing our people's careers while supporting strong work-life balances. Tyler encourages employees to think outside of the box, stay curious, build on their skills and be the drivers of their careers. Come join us and be a part of an organization that is continuously empowers communities. Tyler Technologies is the largest software company in the nation solely focused on providing integrated software and technology services to the public sector - cities, counties, states and school districts.
- Develop and provide ongoing maintenance for programs, tools and processes to automate tasks surrounding the software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Troubleshoot complex environment, software, and workflow problems.
- Perform all tasks related to system, database and software administration on Development, and QA servers.
- Install, maintain and administer all servers and software related to development activities, including backups, OS and Software upgrades.
- Provide application and systems support to Development and QA staff.
- Assist other departments and teams, such as Development and Support with system, database, technology and deployment issues.
- Attend industry seminars and training to develop an understanding of emerging technologies.
- Utilize department and company procedures and tools to complete the reporting and tracking requirements in support of the SDLC.
- Create, use and maintain technical documentation on a variety of platforms including Confluence.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Three years of experience in either development operations, software development or system administration.
- Experience in software build and deployment a plus.
- Experience with build tools such as MSBuild, Node, NPM, and/or NAnt preferred.
- Experience in server and server virtualization administration.
- Experience working with AWS and Azure a plus.
- Experience with Team Foundation Server (TFS), GIT, Bitbucket, TeamCity, Visual Studio, VS Code.
- Experience working with and administration of databases, preferably SQL Server.
- Ability to research complex technological problems, formulate recommendations, and build technically sound and scalable solutions.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to learn new technology independently and quickly.