Sleep Technologist & Educator
Southern Maine Health Care |
- Position Summary
- Working under the direction of The Center for Sleep Disorders Manager the Sleep Technologist & Educator is responsible for conducting Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) risk assessments for the inpatient population and educating patients and families to promote knowledge and understanding of sleep disorders, sleep diagnostic testing treatment, and self-help. Works directly with the sleep physician in the care and treatment of patients and promotes a smooth flow of patients through the office while creating a calm, supportive atmosphere. Will participate in public education activities with a focus on the promotion of sleep wellness, sleep disorders, treatment and testing. May perform home sleep testing and mask fitting/acclimations as needed.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Current Maine license required if active Respiratory Therapist and/or graduate.
- Graduate of AMA-approved school of Respiratory Care, electroencephalogram diagnostics or polysomnography CAAHP approved program and/or completion of college level basic principles of polysomnography course preferred.
- Registered polysomnographic technologist (RPSGT) credential preferred with ability to obtain within 12 months of date of employment required.
- Certification in Clinical Sleep Health (CCSH) or Clinical Sleep Educator Certificate of completion preferred or able to obtain within 12 months of date of employment.
- Ability to score Polysomnograms according to AASM standards and or acquisition of polysomnograms is preferred.
- BLS certification required.
- Two years of sleep study experience preferred.
- Demonstration of effective written and spoken communication skills and computer literacy required.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy are required.
Job Code: 106915
Posted On: 02/08/19
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Categories: Other, Healthcare
Job Type: Regular
Job Status: Part Time
Additional Contact Info