Special Procedure Tech - Cardiac Cath Lab
Southern Maine Health Care | Biddeford, ME
- Position Summary
- The Cardiac Cath/Angiographic Technologist is a Radiologic Technologist who, in addition to the responsibilities of a Radiologic Technologist, performs both cardiac cath and angiographic imaging for use in the evaluation and treatment of patients. The Interventional Radiologic/Cardiac Cath Technologist performs a variety of technical procedures that require independent judgment with ingenuity and initiative to apply prescribed ionizing radiation for radiologic diagnosis. The Interventional Radiologic/Cardiac Cath Technologist will also assist the Radiologist/Cardiologist in the handling of catheters, guide wires, stents and other specialized equipment necessary for interventional procedures as needed during procedure. Administers appropriate invasive contrast media and acquires high quality images in accordance with physician directives and department protocols.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Full certification by the ARRT and current State of Maine license required.
- Advanced level ARRT certification for Cardiovascular is desired and/or Vascular Interventional Radiology preferred.
- CPR certification required.
- ACLS certification is desired.
- Must maintain continuing education requirements as mandated by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists.
- RCIS preferred; required within 1 year of hire.
- Three years of experience as staff technologist in a hospital setting required.
- One or more years experience in performing angiography and other interventional procedures, including cardiac catheterization preferred.
- Advanced technical skills in the operation of digital angiography equipment.
- Demonstrate knowledge and comprehension of peripheral angiography, angioplasty procedures, vascular stents, neuro-angiography, embolization and cardiac catheterization procedures preferred.
Job Code: 105821
Posted On: 11/14/17
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Job Type: Regular
Job Status: Full Time
Additional Contact Info