Speech Therapist Inpatient
Mid Coast Parkview Health | Brunswick, ME
Measures and evaluates language abilities, auditory processes and speech production and/or treatment of persons with speech, language and hearing disorders. Assists the patient in establishing optimum functional communication system to express physical emotional and social needs.
This is a weekday per diem position to assist with vacation or sick coverage.
- Accurately develops and plans programs involving, but not limited to, dysphagia evaluation/treatment; instruction in esophageal speech techniques; instruction in prosody; evaluation/treatment of receptive/expressive aphasia, dysarthria, confused language, voice disorders and cleft palate; and the consultation of communication augmentation systems.
- Reviews and assesses each referral for Speech Therapy services.
- Accurately selects appropriate evaluation tools.
- Thorough evaluates each patient's current level of function.
- Critically analyze evaluation results and determines a plan of care, which includes treatment options, treatment priorities, short-term and long-term goals, precautions, schedule and frequency for each patient.
- Effectively teaches and instructs the patient, dependent upon his/her level of understanding, about patient's mutual responsibility in implementing the plan of care.
- Consistently collaborates with patient to determine treatment effectiveness, alteration in patient's attitude/behavior, and comprehension of treatment program.
- Provides accurate, complete and timely documentation related to each patient according to hospital guidelines and to third party payer requirements.
- Accurately records results of Speech Therapy evaluations.
- Maine State Licensure
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent composition skills
- Minimum of One (1) year experience required